Need a little help w/ cases sticking in the resizing die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Hornady One Shot reloading THOUSANDS of bottle neck rounds, it gets bad rep because people can't RTFM. To work properly you have to spray generously and let it dry for at least one minute, it says so on the bottle. If you run it wet - it will stick. Hard to bash a product if you can't follow instructions.

Imperial Wax is awesome if you don't mind massaging every case, but being able to lube 50 cases in 5-6 seconds is a huge time saver; and as I said I haven't had a case stuck in years since I figured the "dry" part of One Shot.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really tried to like one shot and that includes reading and following the directions. It's crap period
If you want a good spray lube I hear theat the Dillion and Frankfort work well but I've been making my own with lanolin and alcohol and love it. When I need to pump out just a couple I'll use the imperial

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I consider OneShot more of an "improvement" in press smoothing. I bought a can of it and will spray a few hundred pistol cases before loading. I just lay them down on a newspaper and give them a good spray, wait for it to dry, and then load. It makes a difference and makes the press smoother and easier to operate.

I don't however consider OneShot a real lube. If you are doing anything that requires a real lube (non carbide dies, etc), go for the Imperial wax.

Good luck,

Alan

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought some Imperial yesterday and tried it last night. It is amazing how little it takes. When you don't have enough on the case it makes it a little harder to size it. It is a little slower that the RCBS squirt on stuff I've been using. With the RCBS I can lay out a hundred or so cases on a cookie sheet(my own) and squirt away. Then I can resize as fast as I want.
It seems though that the RCBS stuff is harder to wipe off than the Imperial.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just being curious, what brand of die it is? Being a new die and using any type of lube it just don't sound right to me for a case to be sticking. Also shouldn't have to polish a new die. I once bought a new set of 6mm dies and the cases would stick in the sizing die. After micing the die I discovered it was very much undersized. Took it back and traded it for another set and solved the problem. I not the biggest reloader on board but I have been loading for a little over 40 years. I've used the old RCBS lube that would be rolled out on a pad. I've used the new sprays that have to air dry and I most of the time use a cue tip dipped in some really good quality 10W40 motor oil that was actually bought for my wood splitter. Other than the bad die that was undersized, I've personally never stuck a case..I always had more trouble with too much lube than not enough..

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just being curious, what brand of die it is? Being a new die and using any type of lube it just don't sound right to me for a case to be sticking. Also shouldn't have to polish a new die. I once bought a new set of 6mm dies and the cases would stick in the sizing die. After micing the die I discovered it was very much undersized. Took it back and traded it for another set and solved the problem. I not the biggest reloader on board but I have been loading for a little over 40 years. I've used the old RCBS lube that would be rolled out on a pad. I've used the new sprays that have to air dry and I most of the time use a cue tip dipped in some really good quality 10W40 motor oil that was actually bought for my wood splitter. Other than the bad die that was undersized, I've personally never stuck a case..I always had more trouble with too much lube than not enough..

That's one of the beauties of the Imperial lube. I load .375 Winchester every once in a blue moon. Imperial is the only lube I've ever been able to size those with and not end up with lube dents. Come close to sticking one many a time too. Not a problem with the Imperial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom