Negligent Discharge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a 9mm critical defense through the medicine cabinet. It was more like an unscheduled barrier penatration test. They are low flash and low recoil with minimum penatration as advertised!

Same but .45 instead of 9mm, duty instead of defense, and front door instead of medicine cabinet. I was only 1.5" off of the center of the door knocker, my point of aim. Not bad for a quick shot. Between the hole in the door and sheet rock, ringing in her ears, and the spent case hitting her in the head, the wife was none too happy. That Kimber was sold the next day.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope I did have someone have a ND walking in front of me with a shotgun.
I had a friend who, at various times, has replaced a full length mirror, a TV, and the top glass of the display counter in the LGS. He said I was surprisingly calm for having had a .40S&W go within 12" of me after bouncing off that counter. Hell, he didn't shoot me, and you couldn't help liking the guy, so what else was I gonna do?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Define negligent? Accidental or stupid? Shot a .22 rifle in the garage into a laundry basket of old towels. We're outside city limits. Was winter and late at night. Bored. Only problem was the old towels some how hid one of the wifes vacation Tshirts. Was hard to explain the holes in her shirt. Negligent with a dose of stupid.

(via Tapatalk)

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally have not at a negligent discharge. Been shot twice. One was negligent, one was not. Negligent was a 12 gauge in the back and right arm hunting, by another hunter. The other was a 357 in the left leg, by a bad guy.

I hope the bad guy got a few intentional discharges.!!!

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done it. Ruger 10/22 under the back seat of my extended cab truck driving down airport road in OKC. Not sure why it fired, must have hung the trigger on something and shifted. Scared the crap out of me. The round didn't leave the cab thank God.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only one. I got the 1911 out of the safe, and took it outside on the way to the shop. No mag installed, and I worked the slide twice, and pulled the trigger. BOOM!

Extractor was broken from the last time I shot it and there was a round in the chamber. One of the few times I've never chamber checked. Never again.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Define negligent? Accidental or stupid? Shot a .22 rifle in the garage into a laundry basket of old towels. We're outside city limits. Was winter and late at night. Bored. Only problem was the old towels some how hid one of the wifes vacation Tshirts. Was hard to explain the holes in her shirt. Negligent with a dose of stupid.

(via Tapatalk)

I'm thinking any round fired by you unintentionally.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
shotgun through drywall while putting the gun in it's case. light dove load but it went through both sides of the wall from 3 feet away. Totally my fault for not checking the shotgun.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, one time with my ...second wife, I believe......wait.....no ,wrong story.

Set up a target in the concrete basement, see where this is going , I just knew the bullett stopper was gonna work.
I didnt know it would take that long , or be that loud....but were back to my first story now.... ;)
Be Careful out there

Latest posts

Top Bottom