Never again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
will I buy a non name brand AR. I just spent 3 hours trying to assemble a lower that I bought from a local manufacturer. Needless to say, trigger guard holes were off a little, mag release slot not wide enough, hole off center. Shenanigans.

Last edited:

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought it before the madness started. It was a charity thing so I'm glad I could help them, but wish the product was better.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to say. Others have had no issues, or at least haven't mentioned any. And yes, any that aren't well known manufacturers.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to say. Others have had no issues, or at least haven't mentioned any. And yes, any that aren't well known manufacturers.

Would you pm me the name?

And just for curiosity sake who are the major brands. Would Windham Weaponry be a major brand?

I ask because I'm pretty new to ARs and want to learn more and know who to stay away from.

I ask about windham because I hadn't heard of them until 3 weeks ago and come to find out they are owned by the original owner of bushmaster and built by the bushmaster employees who were fired. I would call them well known now personally.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
will I buy a non name brand AR. I just spent 3 hours trying to assemble a lower that I bought from a local manufacturer. Needless to say, holes were off center, mag release slot not wide enough. Honestly I'm almost afraid to test fire it. Shenanigans.

Anybody catch this part? Must not have Lokied hard enough for the answer in his post? Just a wild guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom