Never again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm cornfused now. Could someone please enlighten me on other manufacturers in Oklahoma? Rijas is not one. An assembler does not a manufacturer make.

Wrong According to the ATF if you "assemble" or change out more than 7 individual parts of a firearm then you are considered a manufacturer. I know it is stupid but thats why they advised me to get my manufacturing license instead of just a 05 FFL because as a gunsmith I will be "making" guns work by making and switching out parts.

Hey if I built that lower then bring it back, you got one of my custom castings for "gifted" customers.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong According to the ATF if you "assemble" or change out more than 7 individual parts of a firearm then you are considered a manufacturer. I know it is stupid but thats why they advised me to get my manufacturing license instead of just a 05 FFL because as a gunsmith I will be "making" guns work by making and switching out parts.

Hey if I built that lower then bring it back, you got one of my custom castings for "gifted" customers.
Learn something new everyday. I stand corrected. However, regardless of ATFs definition, I would never consider anyone other than the name on the side of the lower the manufacturer.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't believe that is accurate.

And there is no type 5 FFL.

If you work on/modify customer supplied guns, it is gunsmithing. If you work on/modify guns that are in your inventory it is manufacturing. Number of parts involved is irrelevant.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. This makes me skeptical of buying from any local manufacturers. Though it would be nice to know which mfg. it is, so as not to "throw the baby out with the bathwater," so to speak.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. This makes me skeptical of buying from any local manufacturers. Though it would be nice to know which mfg. it is, so as not to "throw the baby out with the bathwater," so to speak.
Agreed--right now, all OK manufacturers are tarred. Also, if the manufacturer is named, it gives others with their products a chance to speak up for (or out against) them, so we can see if this is a one-off problem (every manufacturer has them) or a trend...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't believe that is accurate.

And there is no type 5 FFL.

If you work on/modify customer supplied guns, it is gunsmithing. If you work on/modify guns that are in your inventory it is manufacturing. Number of parts involved is irrelevant.

So, for example, you have Rijas that builds complete guns based off lowers they purchase. Are they manufacturing or reselling?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it's a one off problem. There's another member on here who has built a few of them recently and never mentioned any issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom