Never seen one of these before.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a shop today to drop off a rifle srock for some inletting and took a look around. I spied what looked to me like a Ruger 10/22 and picked it up. When I did, I noticed the bore of the barrel was much too big for a 22. Turns out it was a Ruger carbine in 44 mag.

One of these.
www.guns.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_12_Ruger44MagnumCarbine3.jpg

I've never seen one, held one, or even knew it existed until this afternoon. Anybody own one or know anything about them? Are they worth having?

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was at 550$. I don't know enough about these to know if that's high or low. Seemed like an interedting piece. It'd be a pretty cool hunting rifle.

Looking to find out more on them.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was at 550$. I don't know enough about these to know if that's high or low. Seemed like an interedting piece. It'd be a pretty cool hunting rifle.

Looking to find out more on them.

That would be a cool toy in that price range, even if it was a little more or little less. The one in the pic is definitely pretty sharp.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. They've been out of production for a number of years, and they aren't commonly seen much these days. The folks that have them seem to really like them. I'd say that's a good price on one, though I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. They've been out of production for a number of years, and they aren't commonly seen much these days. The folks that have them seem to really like them. I'd say that's a good price on one, though I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

Yes they are not seen very often, even more rare up for sale. A guy that used to hunt with my dad and myself had one, accuracy was acceptable and never had any feed/extracting issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom