New Invention...Log Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyRumore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That wheel screw is not new at all. I saw one at a local fair back in about 1975......that's nearly 40 years ago and it wouldn't surprise me if they were around in the 1920's.

Tony

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can remember one being on my great grandad's tractor. He also had a something similar on all of his trucks, on the back axle on the truck, he'd attach a cable to it and use it to winch himself out of the mud.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember one being on my great grandad's tractor. He also had a something similar on all of his trucks, on the back axle on the truck, he'd attach a cable to it and use it to winch himself out of the mud.

My Grandpa would use tire rims with connector nuts and all-threads on his rear axle and a cable to do the same.(as the rim was just a bit bigger than the truck rim, it did double duty to break the bead on a tire that needed changing, by tightening down the nuts on the all-thread) There was nobody to call for help. Heck, they only had a phone at the house, not in their pocket! LOL.... It was a party line at that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom