New Truck, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm considering trading in the Saab and going with something more practical. The trucks I'm considering are the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (4-door) and the Toyota Tacoma (4 door). I've considered the 4x4 option but I don't really think it is something I will get much use of and I do like the idea of a nice "street truck" with nice wheels and a nice interior as well...

Does anyone have any experience with either of these models? I've always been a fan of the Frontier but the Tacoma is a very nice truck as well.

Also, please don't try and talk me into a full-size truck. Although they are nice, it's just not me.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Customer with a Taco, he loves it. I've ridden in it, a very nice truck. You can put nice wheels and street tires on a 4x4, it's still nice to have the extra traction, otherwise make sure you get a locking diff.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4x4 Tacoma and don't look back. I have had two, drive an '07 now. Very safe, good milage, run forever, good offroad, good onroad. Nice little trucks.

I like the first generation Tacos the best, But I don't have very many bad thing to say about the second gens I've owned. Does everthing I need it to.

(V-6 access cab 4x4, getting right at 20 mpg mostly highway)

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4x4 Tacoma and don't look back. I have had two, drive an '07 now. Very safe, good milage, run forever, good offroad, good onroad. Nice little trucks.

I like the first generation Tacos the best, But I don't have very many bad thing to say about the second gens I've owned. Does everthing I need it to.

(V-6 access cab 4x4, getting right at 20 mpg mostly highway)

+1 on those comments....... I've got a 2003 Tacoma that I bought new. I can't wear it out. Has never been back to the dealer for anything. I can take it anywhere. Rugged and dependable.

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the 2008 Tacoma, had it since last December, you can't beat it, mine is a 4 x 4 4 door with lockin diff, it's got the TRD package, shocks, suppension, tow package, it's got the 120 volt plug in the back, will run most anything, I used 4 inch grinder, electric hammer wrench, drills and sawzall, gets 20 mpg everywhere it goes.
we use it everyday running back and forth to town, use it a little around the farm, used the 4 wd quite a bit, slick operation, wouldn't be without it now.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taco all the way. I'd be willing to bet that if you look at the percentage of older Frontiers vs. Tacos still on the road, there will be more Tacos. They'll likely hold their value better as well. Make sure you get the TRD package. Even in 2WD it makes a big difference with the Bilstein shocks, better tires and limited slip diff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom