New Truck, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2005 Dodge Ram 4x4 5.9 CTD w/ Smarty approx. 400 hp/750lb.ft. and 21 mpg on my last trip to Colorado. :D I'm not crazy about the driver's seat and the 6 spd. is slow shifting in town. I would get a Taco or FJ otherwise. Diesel cost sucks and the Tundra is a very nice truck...just kind of thirsty.

10.5stang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been in the car business for 14 years and I am the manager of Bob Moore Hummer in Okc. You should come look at the new H3T crew cab with a five foot bed. They are very nice and you have choice of a inline 5 cylinder with 242 HP or the 5.3 V8 with 300 HP. 15 to 16 mpg in town and 20 mpg on the highway. You can now get them with cloth interior and the V-8. And you said something about a standard trans and we offer that with the inline 5.

If you ask me I between the Nissan and toyota I would buy the toyota hands down. Not only is it a better truck than the Nissan but the resale is 100% better. We give people crazy money when they trade in toyota even with high miles. Hope maybe this helped you some.........

MikesB12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2005 Dodge Ram 4x4 5.9 CTD w/ Smarty approx. 400 hp/750lb.ft. and 21 mpg on my last trip to Colorado. :D I'm not crazy about the driver's seat and the 6 spd. is slow shifting in town. I would get a Taco or FJ otherwise. Diesel cost sucks and the Tundra is a very nice truck...just kind of thirsty.

Yeah, what he said. I've got a 2007 2500 MegaCab, 4x4, G56 Six-Speed, Smarty Jr. Programmer, AirRaid Intake, Isspro Gauges, Etc.

I have seen 23 mpg hand calculated and can pull a house down with room for the whole family. I personally have never owned a Toyota or Nissan. My parents bought a 2007 Nissan Armada with the 5.6 engine. It runs really good and has enough room for everybody. I have driven a few Toyota's and must say, that would be my choice. As stated before, they have some of the best resale value. Also, it seems you can't tear them up. Good Luck.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no experience with either.

There it is right up front so if all your interested in is that, then disregrard this post.

I owned a 93 nissan 4x4 that I drove for about ten years and 180,000 miles. Gave it away to my ex s-i-l and he drove it for a couple years. He sold it. I still see it running up and down the road. Wish I had kept it as a backup now. Just something to knock around in. I don't know how they are now, but that old truck was tuff as a boot.

Just the idle ramblings of an old fart.......

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been in both I liked the Taco over the frontier. Do get the TRD package though, the base Taco is kinda blah.

I prefer a fullsize myself, in which case get the f150. YMMV

big drill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AT Lawton Fiesta Toyota they are offering a free lifetime warranty with any new vehicle and pre-selected used vehicles. The warranty is on everything bmper to bumper. Good at ANY toyaoto dealership in North America and Cananda. Go see a guy named Rocky!

Latest posts

Top Bottom