New Truck, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I think of Maddskillz and truck, this always pops in my brainpan....

amedia.motortopia.com_files_6063_vehicle_46334b9edc472_1978_Chevy_Luv_002.jpg

Chevy LUV, oh yeah boiiiiieeeee!
Don't be hatin on the Chvy LUV man, I had a '73, it was a rugged little beast.

I went shopping today and it was a good time... I got pre-approved through my bank and let the dealers know this so they would know I was serious... Told them I was pitting the Tacoma and the Frontier against each other... Said, "after I leave this lot, I'm going down the street to test-drive the other one." They didn't want to let me leave. Good times!!! :)

Here's my opinion based on the short time behind the wheel of each one... The Frontier seemed to have a nicer interior and nicer features for a lower cost (such as power everything including the seats). However, the Tacoma road a lot nicer, sat higher and may actually get better gas mileage...

With that said, they are both excellent vehicles and I hate to say this... But I'm leaning towards Nissan... I've got a few days to consider my thoughts and will continue to look at a couple of other dealers I've yet to visit... So we'll see. Thanks for all the input here! I really do appreciate it and have reviewed all the posts... If you have anymore to add, except for Cavedweller :D feel free as I haven't made my mind up yet.

Friday morning from 6am-9am Jim Norton is offering some killer deals. My nephew is Dustin Moseley, go see him, he will take care of you.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my opinion based on the short time behind the wheel of each one... The Frontier seemed to have a nicer interior and nicer features for a lower cost (such as power everything including the seats). However, the Tacoma road a lot nicer, sat higher and may actually get better gas mileage...

With that said, they are both excellent vehicles and I hate to say this... But I'm leaning towards Nissan... I've got a few days to consider my thoughts and will continue to look at a couple of other dealers I've yet to visit... So we'll see. Thanks for all the input here! I really do appreciate it and have reviewed all the posts... If you have anymore to add, except for Cavedweller :D feel free as I haven't made my mind up yet.

I think you're on the right track. I got the Tacoma, but I went in biased toward the Tacoma a little bit. I went in wanting something very specific and wasn't going to be satisfied unless I got exactly that (and I did). They're both nice trucks across the board, but I think the Frontier is a better value especially at the lower trim levels (which are still very nice by my standards).

We expect pics of whatever you get!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I've got a truck sitting in my garage right now. The dealer wanted me to take it overnight and I wasn't going to object. If I go with it, I'll post pics as soon as I take them which may be tomorrow if I take the plunge.

I will tell you though, that I decided against the 4x4 option... One is because they didn't have one in town or anywhere close with all the bells and whistles... Another reason is because I doubt I will ever use it thus paying for it didn't make much sense to me. I've never needed it to get to my hunting spots at this point... So, I just went with all the bells and whistles without it... I guess the Saab spoiled me in that regard.

Someone remind me why I did this? Buying a new car is a freaking stressful chore. I can't wait to not have to do it again for a long, long time.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pics! Just took them tonight, so sorry they're not that good! Anyway, I finalized the deal today. So far I'm liking it a lot! I even drove it in some grass! :D
09 Nissan Frontier LE

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3036_3076140484_5fae1c9e3d_b.jpg

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3048_3076140318_c6e1e3dfc3_b.jpg

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3030_3075308541_2fe70b8f84_b.jpg

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know the Taco got a lot of good word on here... But man, you know when you get in the one that fits you and you're like, "this is it!" That's what the Nissan did for me. Both very nice, but the Nissan's more sporty interior (IMO) was a big factor for me. And I did tend to lean toward the Nissan's exterior as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom