New Truck, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know nothing of the Frontiers.

With that out of the way, I will say I really dig Toyotas, but I have one problem with the Tacomas/4runners. They seem very small in the shoulder room department.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is just a back from the dead thread, and you already have the Frontier, but I totally am sold on Tacos now. I was Ford solid until I got my '01 Taco, and it's Tacoma from here on.

Mine's not a TRD, not 4WD, just the V-6 with 4 door and a camper shell. That said, with the Goodyear AT's that came with it, I have literally had my little truck in 8" deep red clay mud, and came out on top over a 4WD heavy Chevy Suburban.

I also drove it into Tulsa in the middle of the snow/sleet storm last Jan or Feb, never having been here before, and never spun out, slid around, nothing. Including the 16 extra miles on 75N when my GPS decided that to get off at 56th st N, you need to make a u-turn at 126th st N. . .

I absolutely love mine, and the next one I get will be that metallic blue color, 4 doors, TRD 4x4, and will have that damned extension plug in the back because that's the coolest useful thing I can think of, especially if you have to do a little cabin carpentry in the woods!

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say forget the Nisssan and Toyota, and go with American made, like a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford

Good luck with that.

Although I did find the reason Taco's are so awesome, they're built in Baja. They probably get to test drive them out there and have craploads more fun than most of us will with them lol.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just bought a 2010 Tundra and freaking love it! I bought it for the fact that it is 4x4 and the new Camaro is just not suited for Oklahoma winters. I'm sure the Tacoma is optioned and built very much the same.

Go with the 4.6L, you'll be amazed at the amount of power there. Mine is getting 22-23mpg on the highway and around 14 in the city(mine is full size, 3/4 ton, 4x4, and 4 door).

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say forget the Nisssan and Toyota, and go with American made, like a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford

not sure if they produce the frontier, or not, but Nissan makes a lot of vehicles about 1.5 hours south of here. Very big plant in MS. Toyota is opening one in MS soon, too.

Not american companies, but they are employing american workers.

oh, and madd... whatever you get, make sure you get the bike mounts in the bed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom