New Truck, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Decided that it would be cool to have a 4x4... So my cost just went up... Just letting you all know. LOL

Going out and looking tomorrow.

And thanks LOKNLOD for great comparisons!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of my experience is with the Nissan. Whatever people have experience with is what they generally recommend. It's hard to find someone that has reliable experience with both models.

Nissan and Toyota have been battling the small truck market for many years. Sometimes Nissan was better, sometimes Toyota was better. It's always a battle to out-do the competitor.

The current offerings from both Nissan and Toyota are outstanding. Both have been recently redesigned. You won't go wrong with either one. Go check them both out. Drive them both. Investigate the options available. And pick the one that fits you the best.

This year we bought a new Nissan Xterra 4X4. We thoroughly checked out the 4-Runner. Both of these vehicles based directly from their small truck siblings. But the Nissan has more of what we wanted and needed, for a cheaper price. I'm a big guy; and the Nissan is roomier for me than the Toyota. And the seats of the Nissan are more comfortable to me. I have the V6; it runs good and gets about 20 mpg. I also frequently pull a trailer with it.

Again. I don't think there is any evidence that one is better than the other. They are just different. Pick the one that fits you.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I think of Maddskillz and truck, this always pops in my brainpan....

amedia.motortopia.com_files_6063_vehicle_46334b9edc472_1978_Chevy_Luv_002.jpg

Chevy LUV, oh yeah boiiiiieeeee!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went shopping today and it was a good time... I got pre-approved through my bank and let the dealers know this so they would know I was serious... Told them I was pitting the Tacoma and the Frontier against each other... Said, "after I leave this lot, I'm going down the street to test-drive the other one." They didn't want to let me leave. Good times!!! :)

Here's my opinion based on the short time behind the wheel of each one... The Frontier seemed to have a nicer interior and nicer features for a lower cost (such as power everything including the seats). However, the Tacoma road a lot nicer, sat higher and may actually get better gas mileage...

With that said, they are both excellent vehicles and I hate to say this... But I'm leaning towards Nissan... I've got a few days to consider my thoughts and will continue to look at a couple of other dealers I've yet to visit... So we'll see. Thanks for all the input here! I really do appreciate it and have reviewed all the posts... If you have anymore to add, except for Cavedweller :D feel free as I haven't made my mind up yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom