New vacume sweeper WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple days ago wife was complaining about the Hoover self propelled upright we have had for something over 20 years. Not wanting to screw with it I said isn't it about time we replaced it with one that doesn't use those durn bags. Yesterday we dropped the dog off at the groomer which happened to be next door to a Wal-Mart. Lots of choices, saw a Bissell with a dog on the box and said this one..

This morning the wife vacuumed the living room and it was unbelievable how much stuff the new machine pulled up that the old one had missed. If you are still using an old bag vacuum, throw it away, spend ~$130.00 and make the wife happy.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oddly enough a while back the wife ran out vacuum over... Funny to say since she doesn't drive anymore. We ended up grabbing this Bissell 1233 C4 Cyclonic Bagless and it has worked out fairly well. It was on sale then for quite a bit less and shipped free. My only complaint is the bottom dump feature and there is nowhere to store the crevice tool not that I really need it anyway. It seems to make more of a mess than anything trying to clean it out. I just started splitting that section in two and dumping it like a regular cup. Otherwise it could suck start a v10 and it's a lot quieter than the upright she killed. The upright was at least 15 years old and cost about the same as the new one did.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We tried several of the bagless ones. Wife doesn't like them, so we went for stained and sealed concrete floors in our retirement house. We went back to using our 20+ year old Oreck and she is happy. I'm happy that I got to scrap out a couple of the bagless units.

The secret to stained and sealed concrete floors is that all you need to remove pet hair is to open a couple doors on opposite sides of the house on a windy day. Following up with a shop vac or the Oreck takes care of the pet hair that the wind doesn't return to nature. It has been 3 years and we haven't had to turn to a leaf blower yet! :sunbath:

Woody

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hoover?
image.jpg
Bissell?
My Dyson V10 bangs your vacuum’s 16 year old daughter

Latest posts

Top Bottom