New vacume sweeper WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got one of those Rainbow vacuums. The kind where they come to your house and give you a 4 hour sales pitch. It's a nice rig but never again will I endure a vacuum salesman pitch in my living room. The FIRST time I let one of those folks in, the guy couldn't take no for an answer and was willing to trade on an old boat I had or anything else as long as he didn't have to tell his boss he missed the sale. He told me he was gonna be fired if he didn't make the sale.
Hell, after a couple hours of his pitch, I told him I wasn't interested and needed to run to town for snuff. He said he'd just ride with me cuz he needed a cup of coffee. I bought him some coffee and when we got home I told him he could get in his truck and leave cuz he had worn out his welcome. He was selling for Hyla which looks bout like the Rainbow we have now.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think our shark was less than $100 and it cleans well, our steam cleaner is a Bissel and is the pet model, IIRC But since the interior was remodeled there's no animals allowed in the house with the exception of myself... MIL has a dyson and paid a good bit more and it's no better than our shark..
Men discussing vacuum cleaners on a gun board.. I'm looking forward to a panty discussion..

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The newer bagless vacuums are so much better than the older ones. Stepdad had an expensive Kirby and my newer one picks up so much more. Most of our house has tile and/or wood floors.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the bagless do a good job of containing the dust though. I went with a Miele. Keep the bag changed fairly frequently and I’ll put it up against any bagless for performance. It’s the only vacuum I found that didn’t put out a ton of dust at its exhaust or at the seams. What good is a HEPA filter if the vacuum is spewing particles from the seams??

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While our latest experience with vacuums are in our RV, it still has carpet, linoleum, and now vinyl planks needing to be cleaned. We started out with a Dyson canister type because it would fit in one of the bathroom cabinets. After a while, the wife got to complaining that she couldn't seem to get the carpet clean.

Bought a Shark upright and it was an excellent choice. It is a lot more powerful and cleans better than the Dyson ever did.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why we did central. It catches large debris in the can, sends the fines out the other side of the garage wall. Miele makes a great vacuum though. I almost went that route.
Made right here in Ponca City and used all over the world including in RV's.
Manufacturing vacuums for 60 years
VacuMaid central vacuums are manufactured by Lindsay Manufacturing in Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA. We have been building quality cleaning systems since 1956. Since the beginning we have constructed our power units from rolled galvannealed steel and now powder coated them for a tough, corrosion-resistant lifetime of use.

http://www.lindsaymfg.com/

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made right here in Ponca City and used all over the world including in RV's.
Manufacturing vacuums for 60 years
VacuMaid central vacuums are manufactured by Lindsay Manufacturing in Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA. We have been building quality cleaning systems since 1956. Since the beginning we have constructed our power units from rolled galvannealed steel and now powder coated them for a tough, corrosion-resistant lifetime of use.

http://www.lindsaymfg.com/

Yep. Used to run around with Winston in my PoHi days. They make a great vacuum, and the layout made for a really easy retro-fit. Still get all my front end/tire work at Boomer there. Gotta love hometown service.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the bagless do a good job of containing the dust though. I went with a Miele. Keep the bag changed fairly frequently and I’ll put it up against any bagless for performance. It’s the only vacuum I found that didn’t put out a ton of dust at its exhaust or at the seams. What good is a HEPA filter if the vacuum is spewing particles from the seams??
We had Miele vacuums at work. They tried Dysons, but they couldn't take the workload. I looked at Dysons, but they looked and felt cheeeep. At the charges they price, those things shouldn't look and feel like they were made by Fisher Price.

Mostly, I use an Oreck that my folks bought years ago. When I had fleas try to invade my house a few years back, I bought the cheapest bagless unit that WalMart had to use in the places they were; it did a decent enough job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom