New vacume sweeper WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After buying my house, I looked at Dyson, Kirby, Miele, etc... But decided to get serious and ordered a made-in-OK Vacu-Maid central vac system. It'll change your life.
Did you have that installed by someone or did you do it yourself? About how much did that run (if you don't mind me asking)?

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 2nd inside use for our leaf blower is the dryer vent that exhausts through the roof. 4 or 5 years ago I disconnected the hose after pulling the dryer out and used the leaf blower to clean out the (long) vent. Now there's lint on the opening again so adding that to the to-do list.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a shark professional. Best vacuum I have ever used. I have used Dyson and a few other major brands. The suction power is incredible and the price for what all came with it just can’t be touched. I won’t ever use another brand. And I use this thing as hard as can be. I vaccuum my house every single day of the week. I have ocd so I am constantly cleaning. I also use it to clean the inside of mine and my wife’s cars out. It just keeps on going. And by the way, the dyson I used was a piece of crap. Not worth the high price they are. And getting it fixed was ridiculous. I guarantee my shark will beat a dyson in ever single test and it costs half of what a dyson does. I read earlier where someone said bagless vacs leak dust. Mine doesn’t. It is sealed completely and has a hepa filter.
Doesn’t leak, huh?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you have that installed by someone or did you do it yourself? About how much did that run (if you don't mind me asking)?

I ordered the vacuum unit and accessories/connectors for $1500-ish. Buddy did me a solid with a free blueprint. Couple hundred in PVC pipe/fittings/glue and wire. A weekend in the attic to run it all, beer and pizza for the friends. Give or take $2k in total.

Ended up picking up a second hose for the garage so I can clean the truck/boat/shop without grunging up my inside stuff.

Works just like the dust collector in the cabinet shop. Big stuff falls in the bucket, fine dust flows outside.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was at the moment the Glock/1911 debate of vacuums occurred that we realized, we have run out of things to talk about.
I think cowcatcher may be a good candidate to weld us up a universal vacuum adaptor to cover the inlet of the sweepers and I'll rent out my gauge for verification of who has the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom