New vacume sweeper WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had fleas try to invade my house a few years back, I bought the cheapest bagless unit that WalMart had to use in the places they were; it did a decent enough job.
FWIW... "horse apples" from a bois d'arc tree repel fleas really well.

We had 'em infest the carpet once (weird, because we had no house pets), and I put one or two horse apples on paper plates under furniture throughout the house. They were gone within a week or so.

We kept finding dried-up horse apples for months... :D

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
After buying my house, I looked at Dyson, Kirby, Miele, etc... But decided to get serious and ordered a made-in-OK Vacu-Maid central vac system. It'll change your life.
I have one of these systems in my home. I thought it worked ok until the plastic suction hose that embeds the power cord cracked open. A replacement hose is $250. These hoses should last more than 7 years.
I went and bought a cheap Eureka bagless upright that was recommended by Consumer Reports. I was amazed at all the dirt that the central vac left behind.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NO longer sold in the USA I got 3 Sharp vacuum cleaners and they work better than any vacuum I ever used.
Including Filter queen.
I do keep my bags changed often I buy them by the 10 pack and keep belts on hand.
for 19 years and it still works like new.

I got it from Yukon Vac and sew and at that time the owner said it had the most suction power of any Vacuum cleaner and he owned one.
It was not expensive I think the first one I paid $119 but that was 19 years ago.

As long as it cleans for you that is all that matters.

I would like to hook a vacuum gauge to some of these and see what kind of suction they show on the gauge.

You guys up for a test??? You own a vacuum gauge I assume :)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a Kirby bag-type tht oes ok but its a bit heavy so i bought a Dyson and that is the wife's choice now. It picks up stuff where there isnt any stuff.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are mieles cordless?
The reason Dysons aren’t super durable feeling is that they need to be light enough to use as a sweeper as much as a vacuum. 70% of my floors are tile and it replaces all
Our brooms and dusters. If it were any heavier, it would be too rough on wood or tile.
Also dysons watranty is the best I’ve ever experienced. Very helpful and concierge like.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW... "horse apples" from a bois d'arc tree repel fleas really well.

We had 'em infest the carpet once (weird, because we had no house pets), and I put one or two horse apples on paper plates under furniture throughout the house. They were gone within a week or so.

We kept finding dried-up horse apples for months... :D
My dog is the only pet that goes inside and outside, so she's really the only attack vector they have, and her range outside is limited, so they don't have much opportunity to get to her. I usually dope her with Advantix (mostly because it repels biting insects (like mosquitoes) as well as fleas and ticks), but I missed an application one spring, so I had to repel the dang boarders.

I think what really did the trick was applying the Advantix, but I mostly used salt in the carpet and some sticky flea traps. I'd read that you could get flea eggs stuck in the vacuum cleaner, so I bought the el cheapo-est bagless I could find instead of using my good Oreck for the job.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a shark professional. Best vacuum I have ever used. I have used Dyson and a few other major brands. The suction power is incredible and the price for what all came with it just can’t be touched. I won’t ever use another brand. And I use this thing as hard as can be. I vaccuum my house every single day of the week. I have ocd so I am constantly cleaning. I also use it to clean the inside of mine and my wife’s cars out. It just keeps on going. And by the way, the dyson I used was a piece of crap. Not worth the high price they are. And getting it fixed was ridiculous. I guarantee my shark will beat a dyson in ever single test and it costs half of what a dyson does. I read earlier where someone said bagless vacs leak dust. Mine doesn’t. It is sealed completely and has a hepa filter.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Rainbow vac uses water to catch the dust etc. I've never noticed any sign of dust blowing out of it like other vacs. My mother had one that lasted 25 years and she had lots of carpet that she vacuumed very often. Moms a neat freak. Wears me out.

But, I really haven't seen all these sharks and dysons in action either.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leaf Blower? That's how I cleaned out from underneath the SS Fridge. Roll it over to the back door, go behind it, turn on the blower and decorate yard with lint & ??

I bought a small 20v Dewalt blower several months ago. While I thought it would be handy, I really had no idea. In addition to it being handy around the shop and yard, my wife likes to use it to blow stuff(animal hair mainly) out from under furniture, out of corners, from under the bed, etc to then vaccum in up. I actually think I might have to buy another one...

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Rainbow vac uses water to catch the dust etc. I've never noticed any sign of dust blowing out of it like other vacs. My mother had one that lasted 25 years and she had lots of carpet that she vacuumed very often. Moms a neat freak. Wears me out.

But, I really haven't seen all these sharks and dysons in action either.
We had a Rainbow for years, dumping that damn pan of water is a PITA though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom