New vacume sweeper WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I checked my shop vac 20 gallon many years ago it only pulled 3" of vacuum so some duct tape and a hole for the gauge would probably be enough.
I think there may be an issue with the testing as some vacuum cleaners have a bypass system when vacuum pressures spike like from a clog they revert to the bypass so they can still suck in air without burning up the motor.

But I feel for a short quick test you could get a reading.

OK so I inserted the hose for my vacuum gauge into the vacuum cleaner hose and duct tapped around it.
One of my sharp vacuums with a bag i changed about a week ago recorded 5" vacuum and the other one with a couple month old bag recorded 4.5" vacuum. And no bag it pulled 5"
And my bags do not allow dust to come through and there is a filter after the bag but it is basically a spunge with huge holes on one vacuum and hepa on another, my bags are part number PU2 micro filtration with 99.7 % effifiency from envirocare for those Sharp vacuum cleaners and fits some Miele Vacuums also.

Who's Next :)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I checked my shop vac 20 gallon many years ago it only pulled 3" of vacuum so some duct tape and a hole for the gauge would probably be enough.
I think there may be an issue with the testing as some vacuum cleaners have a bypass system when vacuum pressures spike like from a clog they revert to the bypass so they can still suck in air without burning up the motor.

But I feel for a short quick test you could get a reading.

OK so I inserted the hose for my vacuum gauge into the vacuum cleaner hose and duct tapped around it.
One of my sharp vacuums with a bag i changed about a week ago recorded 5" vacuum and the other one with a couple month old bag recorded 4.5" vacuum. And no bag it pulled 5"
And my bags do not allow dust to come through and there is a filter after the bag but it is basically a spunge with huge holes on one vacuum and hepa on another, my bags are part number PU2 micro filtration with 99.7 % effifiency from envirocare for those Sharp vacuum cleaners and fits some Miele Vacuums also.

Who's Next :)
Sharp Twin Power?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sharp EC-12SXT5 1300 watt 12 amp and a Sharp EC-TU2809 twin energy 12 amp.
Lowes had the last one on sale years ago and I liked the first model so well I got one for my grandmother and I just had to get the one from Lowes also.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sharp EC-12SXT5 1300 watt 12 amp and a Sharp EC-TU2809 twin energy 12 amp.
Lowes had the last one on sale years ago and I liked the first model so well I got one for my grandmother and I just had to get the one from Lowes also.
Not bad for what they were. Would be considered higher quality by today’s standards. So much junk being made now. Too bad there aren’t parts available for them. They do leak particles though.

flashover008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife bought me a new Dyson just kidding I am retired she still works so guess who gets to use it .I was a firefighter for 26 years so I cleaned house just about every day .Got very use to a vacuum Have A Blessed FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel no vacuum will be 100% leak proof you may get close but think about yourself just walking around stirring up the dust or the beater bar stirring up the dust 100% particulate being captured will never happen.

My wife likes to sweep with a straw broom, I hate that.
The broom just stirs up more dust.
But I am the guy on his hands and knees cleaning the floor with a bucket of soapy water and a rag.
I hate mops.
Hate is strong I should say I do not like inefficient ways of doing things.
I can scrub much better by hand than a mop can.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife bought me a new Dyson just kidding I am retired she still works so guess who gets to use it .I was a firefighter for 26 years so I cleaned house just about every day .Got very use to a vacuum Have A Blessed FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

I wonder if you are the firefighter that lived above us in an apartment in northern OKC. He was known to do his vacuuming at about 2:00 am, most every night.

Not that I have any grudge against firefighters that like to clean.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to an Asian grocery store and get one of these. It won't sweep rocks or heavy debris but it's great for dirt/dust etc. I can sweep the whole house in minutes with hardly any effort.

Attachments

• 41X1azcYXEL.jpg
    41X1azcYXEL.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 141

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered the vacuum unit and accessories/connectors for $1500-ish. Buddy did me a solid with a free blueprint. Couple hundred in PVC pipe/fittings/glue and wire. A weekend in the attic to run it all, beer and pizza for the friends. Give or take $2k in total.

Ended up picking up a second hose for the garage so I can clean the truck/boat/shop without grunging up my inside stuff.

Works just like the dust collector in the cabinet shop. Big stuff falls in the bucket, fine dust flows outside.

That's what I was afraid of. I'd love to have a central vac system, but I think I'll just have to stick to my $200 Shark (or whatever the h&ll it is my wife uses. :-) )

Latest posts

Top Bottom