New vacume sweeper WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to central vacs being used in RV's, we opted to NOT have one in our luxury 5th wheel. When installed, they only had one or two places in which to plug in the hose, so getting up into and around in the bedroom in the nose of the trailer was difficult for some of the ladies. Thus, the wife said that a regular vacuum was fine with her, plus it could still be used to vacuum in the vehicles.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think our shark was less than $100 and it cleans well, our steam cleaner is a Bissel and is the pet model, IIRC But since the interior was remodeled there's no animals allowed in the house with the exception of myself... MIL has a dyson and paid a good bit more and it's no better than our shark..
Men discussing vacuum cleaners on a gun board.. I'm looking forward to a panty discussion..

Well, you joined in now didn’t you? Buncha closeted vacuum freak-o’s is what we got here. Yep. Vacuum freak-o’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after talking great about shark and bashing dyson I did something ridiculous. I actually bought a dyson. Back in March my shark broke. This is the second one I have had. The first the beater bar quit working so I just bought a new one. To be fair I abuse the heck out of these vacuums. My second shark the hose tore so I said you know what? I am gonna give dyson another try. After all, the last one I used was a 2006 model. I found one at Lowe’s for $399. It was the Dyson ball animal 2. The thing is unbelievably light but a lot of the plastic is cheap and flimsy. But it’s solid at the most important parts. After using it since March I can report that it makes my shark look like an embarrassment. I cannot believe how hard the dyson sucks. My bin had stuff in there that looked like little pieces of sand and it was a ton of it. I couldn’t believe how much stuff it picked up compared to the shark. I also like how the head is a lot wider than the shark. Well a few days ago I noticed a weird smell when I was vacuuming. Then all the sudden the beater bar shut off. It kept on doing this. So I called dyson and I had to take it to the UPS store to send it in to get it repaired. It has a 5 year parts and labor warranty. If they make it right I will be very happy. If not I will never waste another cent on a dyson product. I still think the sharks are good vacuums but they just can’t compete with this dyson that I have. I just used my old shark ( with new hose) and i just can’t believe how much less the suction is. The dyson literally sucks the carpet up and makes it move and after I’m done and I walk on it it feels really soft. When I use the shark I can’t tell anything except being able to see where I vacuumed. Is dyson the best made? I doubt it. I don’t know what is. I do know that Kirby’s and rainbows are way out of my price range. No sweeper should cost that much. I just wanted to post my experience with this particular dyson compared to my shark. And my shark was the top of the line model.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Received a Dyson as a gift recently. My wife actually wants to vacuum now. She vacuumed the whole place 5 times right away and it was still picking stuff up, so she gave up for the day.

I think it’s nifty that the filters don’t need to be replaced and there are no belts. Makes maintenance easy and cheap. Plus, it’s easy to get parts even for old models. I generally prefer to buy a quality item and repair, rather than regularly replace. Can’t do that with most brands of anything these days.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of dyson; I have a brand new set of v10/v11 attachments, never used, that I’d make someone a great deal on. Have the soft floor sweeper and the powered pet couch/car seat attachment also.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I borrowed my aunts Kirby Sentria today to use while I wait to get my Dyson back. I have my shark but I wanted to see how the Kirby stacked up against my dyson. I have to say that the suction is very good. And the beater bar spins very fast. It’s nice that it’s self propelled and has a wide head to pick up more. THe negatives are the lack of attachments for this particular machine. The head does not swivel which makes moving around things difficult. Turning the beater bar off is a pain. It doesn’t self adjust the height of the head which my dyson does. The bag is on the side which makes it where I can’t get up close to things on the right side. For how much they cost I expected more. Does it pick up good? Yes. My dyson still picks up better and I can easily get around objects and transition to the wand. Turning the beater bar off is easy. My dyson doesn’t have to have bags or belts replaced. Just thought I would give my input on what I thought about this particular Kirby. I know there are supposed to be better models even though I don’t know what’s different. They all look the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom