New years babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love goats. IF we ever get any property out of town it is gonna basically be BIG petting zoo. Dogs, cats, pigs, goats, horses, donkeys.......Well....and a really nice shooting range. LOL.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they mean, and can they eat the grass on a regular lawn? I am thinking that a goat might be thebest lawn mower!

Need a lawnmower, get some sheep ... LOL

Oh yeah, then you will get a pot bellied pig for the "bacon" :hey3:

You know it ... and a couple of those dwarf cattle for beef. A lot easier to butcher than a full grown steer.

My experience with goats is limited. My father-in-law had a milk goat years ago. The biggest problem that I had with them was that they were ALWAYS up on top of the vehicles.
I will say one good thing for milk goats, though. They are easier to milk than cows.

:friday: Oh, wait.....

Boy, ain't that the truth. And if there is a dime-sized hole anywhere in the fence they WILL get through it. LOL

Nothing more fun that watching a bunch of babies play "King of the Hill" on top of a big old bale of hay though! I used to pull up a lawn chair and sit in the shade of the barn with a cold beer. Better entertainment cannot be found anywhere!! LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love goats. IF we ever get any property out of town it is gonna basically be BIG petting zoo. Dogs, cats, pigs, goats, horses, donkeys.......Well....and a really nice shooting range. LOL.

Haha! We might be related back there somewhere ... you are gonna need a steer or two also. Oh, and some chickens and some rabbits ... Not to mention a few quail, ducks, pheasants, geese, guinea hens ... Poor GC ... He is gonna spend his retirement days working harder than he ever did when he was gainfully employed. :fallangel

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cute! Are you keeping all of them?

The three of these we will keep. I am sure as kidding season wraps up there will be a few that have to find new homes. I can only buy so much hay.

I love goats. IF we ever get any property out of town it is gonna basically be BIG petting zoo. Dogs, cats, pigs, goats, horses, donkeys.......Well....and a really nice shooting range. LOL

That is pretty much what we got going here. Had a horse and sold it. Got the rabbits, dogs, and cat. Getting the birds when the weather warms up. The only thing is I can buy bacon alot cheaper than raising it myself right now.

Evan

Latest posts

Top Bottom