Not Enough Feathers on this Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow those are great pictures. What kind of setup do you have? Also what software are you using for your editing?

It's a Nikon D5100. Not the top of the line, but more camera than I will ever learn to master. Using the 55-200mm lens. I have already started saving pennies for a better lens.

I need to come up with some decent editing software and truthfully, at some point, my goal is to be able to take pictures that require little to no tweaking.

Right now I am taking the pictures, then transferring the ones I want to tweak over to my wife's iPad and using a google run editor to edit them. Then shooting them back to the computer. It is a pain in the rear and the editing app is middle of the line at best.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
THOSE ARE AWESOME PICS,MAN! i hope those inspire some "on the fence" waterfowlers to get into a very rewarding part of hunting. i know i'm ready to go put some dekes out now!

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
tough to post pics after those last fine ones but here goes some low-light iphone snaps anyway. With the pond hunting being virtually nill all year, Okie4570 and I have had to adapt and learn a different style-field hunting. Thankfully we know enough gracious fellows that grant us access to as many acres as we need, and also caring individuals who force us to knock the dust off of their dekes and get them in the field. Yesterday we sat up in a corn field for several hours we shook hands with friendly cows and wondered if pigeons were the only fowl we would look at all day. Suddenly, around 4 the dinner bell rang and the ducks started circling over head. Ended up with several mallards, a widgeo or two and some pins, 3 twin drakes in particular. Great day!
i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_ducks1_zps667a56cc.jpg
i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_ducks2_zps4dc64873.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went on a pheasant hunt in Concordia, Kansas Saturday. The best part....one of my vendors took me and paid for everything. We had some great meals and shot a bunch of birds. This was a released bird hunt and the first of those I had ever done, but I was pleasantly surprised with how good the birds flew and the action. We had guides with dogs and the dog work was amazing. This was the first time I had hunted around the Vizsla breed and they were impressive. I accused the guide of letting a couple of red bone coon hounds out of his box when we got to the field and he told me what they were and that I was going to be impressed. They were awesome. Pointed and retrieved wonderfully. It was cold and windy all day but the action kept us warm. I brought 10 birds home for the frying pan...that the guides cleaned for me. Did I say it was an awesome hunt?????

i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_BGBirdHunt2013_zps6d154bcb.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Suddenly, around 4 the dinner bell rang and the ducks started circling over head. Ended up with several mallards, a widgeon or two and some pins, 3 twin drakes in particular. Great day!

That was only the second or third time I've ever field hunted for waterfowl...............all I can say is that I've been missing out! As the duck flies, it's only about 5 miles to ponds where we've been hunting and not seeing much, I guess I know why!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Went on a pheasant hunt in Concordia, Kansas Saturday. The best part....one of my vendors took me and paid for everything. We had some great meals and shot a bunch of birds. This was a released bird hunt and the first of those I had ever done, but I was pleasantly surprised with how good the birds flew and the action. We had guides with dogs and the dog work was amazing. This was the first time I had hunted around the Vizsla breed and they were impressive. I accused the guide of letting a couple of red bone coon hounds out of his box when we got to the field and he told me what they were and that I was going to be impressed. They were awesome. Pointed and retrieved wonderfully. It was cold and windy all day but the action kept us warm. I brought 10 birds home for the frying pan...that the guides cleaned for me. Did I say it was an awesome hunt?????

i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_BGBirdHunt2013_zps6d154bcb.jpg

Looks like a great time and hunt Imhntn!! There's a guy that hunts/lives close to justin_h635 who had a pair of Vizsla's, I only got to hunt behind them once and they seemed to be the real deal.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was only the second or third time I've ever field hunted for waterfowl...............all I can say is that I've been missing out! As the duck flies, it's only about 5 miles to ponds where we've been hunting and not seeing much, I guess I know why!

Nothing better than killing birds in the fields! We've had a few successful goose hunts this year, but all the ducks we've been killing have been on water. Gotta say I'm a little jealous. Congrats on the great hunt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom