Not Enough Feathers on this Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
birds seem to be really shy now. we are going to try a no-till wheat over corn field this afternoon. watched a few hundred geese pile in around 4 30 yesterday.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
birds seem to be really shy now. we are going to try a no-till wheat over corn field this afternoon. watched a few hundred geese pile in around 4 30 yesterday.

The birds in my area have flat thinned out. Ducks are pretty well nonexistent but there are just enough geese around to still chase :-). I am going to try and afternoon hunt as well today but mainly because I wanted to sleep in this morning. Will be flying solo.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When and if my ol lab finally gives it up, I have seriously considered getting a vizsla. As far as looks go, IMO they are a gorgeous dog. Done some research on them, and they are in the running, but I hope my dog outlives me so I never have to make that decision.

Cousin had a Vizla back when we were bachelors and hunted all the time. Also had a friend who had a couple and I hunted with them as well. Gorgeous dogs, a little headstrong, but good noses and great on ditch parrots. Cannot remember them being that great on quail or deads (just can't remember). Probably the worst thing I can remember was the barking from all of them I was around. They always seemed full of nervous energy and then barked when kenneled or were in sight of someone but could not be with them. Very well could have been lack of training as well or better said, could be a solution to that problem.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a great hunt today. Mostly mallards with a couple of pintails, GWT and a Gaddy. Our first choice of spots was not producing, and we decided to make a move about 8:30. We picked up and went to our second option and bumped a lot of birds out. We set up and they slowly trickled back in for the rest of the morning. I'll try to get some pics up later.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out this evening on a solo hunt. Well, I guess it was a hunt anyways. I set up and grabbed the camera. Before I knew it, the evening was over and I had not even picked the gun up. I had scouted these geese and found about 70 big fat stupid ones to chase. I love hunting the big fat stupid ones. Anyways, I got set up and grabbed the camera at the sound of the first birds in the distance. I took a bunch of pictures and had a great evening. Felt slightly bunny hugger-ish at the end of the evening, but I had a great time. It wasn't a huge number of geese, so I wasn't to worried if they got burned bad. Thank goodness, the geese didn't get burned to bad at all. They did the typical light in the set up, mill around 5-15 minutes and then relocated on the field. I felt good about knocking them down later this week.

Anyways, these are a few "shots" that I had this evening. I really like this new toy. I still have a pile of learning to do.
i552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_5_1_zpsb328109e.jpg

i552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_6_1_zpsf84fa79b.jpg

i552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_7_1_zps2dc29356.jpg

i552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_8_1_zps05ddd884.jpg

i552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_9_1_zps6372d463.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got my CPU fixed so I thought I would post up some pics from the last week of duck season.......

Wish all my limits could look like this one:
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo442_zps74f6268b.jpg

Old boat and a young dog:
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo339_zps6b828d21.jpg

Next to last day of the season:
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo143_zps45b62215.jpg

Finished strong:
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo532_zpsf92f9b15.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom