O. S. U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There may be some bits of truth in there, like a hostess hooking up with a player, but that they were coerced or encouraged to is bs. Same thing with easy majors. Half of tye athletes in this country can't handle difficult majors, they take the easiest one they can to ensure they stay elligble. To say they were forced into easy majors is also bs. Les miles was a *********, he has let his star players get away with all kinds of crap while a lower ranking kid gets blown out tye door for a minor infraction, that stuff I think is real, he is currently doing that stuff at lsu.

You do lots of finger pointing. Your AD looks like he is raising his hand and saying we are guilty, let's deal with it and get past it. Relax brother, it will be OK!

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thing OU has never had any improprieties.

From the preliminary reports, this sounds like standard crap that every D1 school partakes in to some degree. Plus most, if not all has occurred beyond the statute of limitations, so it's not like there is the ability for the NCAA to take punitive action. Truth is they could write this story about damn near any D1 school, just so happens this one is revolving around the rising OK State program.

This will blow over and so long as the team keeps winning on the field, no one will give a ****. Just sayin'. Look at the Rhett Bohmar "scandal", had to forfeit some wins but otherwise no one gives two schits about that deal. Or when Ryan Broyles got caught getting free gas. Again, no one gives two schits about that either.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

From the preliminary reports, this sounds like standard crap that every D1 school partakes in to some degree. Plus most, if not all has occurred beyond the statute of limitations, so it's not like there is the ability for the NCAA to take punitive action. Truth is they could write this story about damn near any D1 school, just so happens this one is revolving around the rising OK State program.

This will blow over and so long as the team keeps winning on the field, no one will give a ****. Just sayin'. Look at the Rhett Bohmar "scandal", had to forfeit some wins but otherwise no one gives two schits about that deal. Or when Ryan Broyles got caught getting free gas. Again, no one gives two schits about that either.

What??!! My sooners have never done anything wrong! It was all lies and fabricated by O state peeps!! :)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm an OU fan and alumnus, but I will admit I am the pot calling the kettle black. No one is innocent in D1 football but some are guilty of more than others. What OSU has done exactly remains to be seen. I think Stoops and Gundy both run pretty clean programs, but I suspect Miles may have been a little less involved in his handling of player behaviors during his time in Stillwater.

Perhaps he prescribed to the Switzer school of personnel management! :D

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an OU fan and alumnus, but I will admit I am the pot calling the kettle black. No one is innocent in D1 football but some are guilty of more than others. What OSU has done exactly remains to be seen. I think Stoops and Gundy both run pretty clean programs, but I suspect Miles may have been a little less involved in his handling of player behaviors during his time in Stillwater.

Perhaps he prescribed to the Switzer school of personnel management!
:D

I suspect you are correct.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus most, if not all has occurred beyond the statute of limitations, so it's not like there is the ability for the NCAA to take punitive action.
News9 just reported that an estimated 15% of it occurred recently enough for the NCAA to take action on it. How they came up with that percentage, I have no idea, but it's what they reported. BTW, they also interviewed one of the former hostesses, and she said that Coach Gundy reiterated, time and again, how they we supposed to follow the rules and represent OSU well, even when they weren't on the clock.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, there is likely some truth to it, but not in an coerced or encouraged manner. I have been informed that deforest may have some more dirt on his hands than originally believed.

As for the ncaa, thwy make the rules, they can break them any time. I would not put it past them to hamstring us just to push us down. They have certainly done it bwfore. Dez bryant did nothing wrong and was suspended for the last half of the season. Johnny fooseball amd cam newton have some real issues and get nothing.
Sec all the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom