Of All The Stupid Things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I was having a gold cap put on a molar. The tech was checking its to insure it would fit befor the Doctor glued it on. She had the chair leaned back over 45 degrees. After she pushed it on; she pulled it back off…..and dropped it back into my throat. It was pretty heavy and got stuck in the back of my throat kid of just between my esophagus and my epiglottis. Luckily, I was able to swallow it instead of letting it go down my trachea. Two days later, I brought it back to the Dentist’s Office. They cleaned it and sterilized it at my request, and mounted it on the tooth. The people I worked with still laugh about it…..
Closest thing to a real golden goose I've seen yet. It this what they mean by a "butt nugget"?

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Visiting F-i-L. Go to check into hotel, last night.
Have stayed in this hotel, 2 - 3 times a year, for 10 years.
Get to desk and clerk is on phone. It's Friday eve of a holiday weekend and ONLY 1 person on duty.
Old woman on phone, hasn't a clue, asking incessant and redundant questions.
What is room cost?
Can we get a better rate?
Is it a handicap room?
Smoking?
Pets?
Breakfast included?
Senior discount?
Military discount?
AARP discount?
Is it cheaper online?
Is it 1st floor room?

Other customers are lining up behind me. Phone has rang 4 times and rolled over to voice mail.
45 mins! and old bat says to book the room. Idget gets reservation made and THEN ASKED, "would you like sign up for our REWARDS CLUB?"

I turned the guy behind me and loudly said, "Friday, holiday weekend and 1 moron on duty! I will never stay here, again." He agreed.
Widget got off of phone and started to check me in. The phone and he reached for it. I told him to not touch that phone, he had customers waiting.
2 people at the back of the line, walked out.

I hope I get an online survey.
I recall as a teen my dad had a car lot and I was always at the closest parts store getting some quickly needed part. This was a big, popular, busy store with several countermen. Their policy was to take phone calls first and have counter customers wait. As you know each call can be lengthy back then, no computers. Find out what part was needed, look the number up in a book, write it down, then go search for part. When it was finally your turn if the phone rang they made you wait again. Mom and Pop operation of course so if you didn't like it tough luck. No corporate office to complain to. Never understood that business model but then again I often see counter-intuitive crap like this in business. I don't get how businesses with an FU policy survive.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I need it, and I did not hurt it swinging a sword.

I swing just fine, or at least I did when I was younger.

Not how I hurt it. Lifting something to heavy again.
I tore the bottom tendon off my bicep once. WOW! Started to get light headed and saw floaters. I went in the house and took my shirt off and looked in the mirror. WOW! My bicep was up at the top corner of my shoulder, quite unnatural looking like a broken leg turned the wrong way. No ace bandage for this one buddy. Six weeks in a cast then 30 days paralysis of my hand, which is terrifying by the way.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall as a teen my dad had a car lot and I was always at the closest parts store getting some quickly needed part. This was a big, popular, busy store with several countermen. Their policy was to take phone calls first and have counter customers wait. As you know each call can be lengthy back then, no computers. Find out what part was needed, look the number up in a book, write it down, then go search for part. When it was finally your turn if the phone rang they made you wait again. Mom and Pop operation of course so if you didn't like it tough luck. No corporate office to complain to. Never understood that business model but then again I often see counter-intuitive crap like this in business. I don't get how businesses with an FU policy survive.

I managed a carpet /flooring store, years ago. On Saturday, we would receive ~50 phone calls, 47 of them being "are you open?"

We had 2 lines, my installers used line 2, it rarely rang. Though both numbers were listed.

As soon as I opened, I took line 1, dialed all but last number of my home phone and pushed "HOLD".

A customer in the store is always top priority.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I was having a gold cap put on a molar. The tech was checking its to insure it would fit befor the Doctor glued it on. She had the chair leaned back over 45 degrees. After she pushed it on; she pulled it back off…..and dropped it back into my throat. It was pretty heavy and got stuck in the back of my throat kid of just between my esophagus and my epiglottis. Luckily, I was able to swallow it instead of letting it go down my trachea. Two days later, I brought it back to the Dentist’s Office. They cleaned it and sterilized it at my request, and mounted it on the tooth. The people I worked with still laugh about it…..
Thanks for the heads up. I'll pass on your homemade peanut/corn salad though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom