Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my son was covered up in does. had one walk under the brace of his tripod. said he heard deer running around behind him grunting and bleating.
i saw two forkys and a doe. didn't look like they were full of love yet.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I seen 6 different bucks this weekend.. all were cruising, one ran into my grunt call, I shot him at 25 yards , he wheeled and ducked , my arrow ended up going through his shoulder, somehow missing the spinal cord, I could see blood squirting out before he got into the timber. Blood trailed him for 150 yards and it just stopped.. went on a body search and never found him.. Im still sick about it.. he was a great big 8 point.
To add salt to that wound, I climb in the stand this morning and a have a huge 8 point sneak in behind me directly down wind, and come to 25 yards in the only hole in can shoot through until he is gone.. I have to squat down and bend over while at full draw to shoot.. I felt steady on my hold and shot right under him.. there's more..haha, 2 minutes after that here comes a doe right to the base of my tree, about 50 yards behind her is a bigger buck than the one I missed.. the dang wind starts swirling and she stops and goes on alert.. so does the buck.. she bolts and heads back where she came from buck on her heels..

I wish I had about 2 weeks vacation before the orange army gets out there and everything comes to a halt..

I'm not sure what peoples definition of "rut" is.. but all I know is right now is the best time to be hunting, the bucks are looking hard for those first does..

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
pulled card at one of my places in one week I was getting 2500+ pics. Had it out this last week and had 185 pics and most of them was the same 2 small bucks, raccoons & coyotes. Drove around the country side just before dark and no deer spotted. I assume this means they are on acorns. Sure hope they have them ate up by rifle season if not that's not going to be good

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I always find it interesting to hear reports from across the state this time of the year as to what bucks are doing where. Looks like the winds on Wednesday are supposed to be from the south at 40-50mph! Hang on :)

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only one pic of this. Showed up at 2am last Tuesday.

Not really sure what I am seeing. Your thoughts?

IMG_4170.JPG

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
almost looks like his antlers are bass ackwards but i think thats his fore head with a couple drop kicks on the left side

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little report here from northern Tulsa county. I started to see a change in deer behavior about 2-3weeks ago. Somewhere in that timeframe one of my cameras stoped showing the groups of older(2.5-3.5 year) bachelor bucks. Still saw some pairs of spikes but not the older guys. Just about 24 hours ago I started seeing bucks again starting to come out in the shooting hours late evening/early morning. We'll see if this trend continues over the next week but it appears that the rut may be starting

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the stand right now in Hughes county, deer are moving like crazy. 2 different bucks were chasing does, but would never come out in the open where I could get a good look. 1 of the bucks had a whole side just about busted off, his mouth was hanging wide open from running after that doe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom