Ogre woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still waiting on some stuff for the 750, but even with the strong mount it's way too short.
Did some reading, seems like people around 6' are using a 40-42" tall table as well as a strong mount to get a good standing height.
My table is 34" high and I am 5'18" so even with the strong mount the lever on the down stroke is only 4-5" above my knee.
So....is there any advantage of raising the table more vs raising the press more?
Seems I need to gain about 10" to be able to stand upright and perform a full cycle comfortably...so it may end up being a mix of the two.
What's the tallest mount out there? This one is 7". Does anybody sell a TALL one?
Maybe if I get 5" more from the mount and 5" under the legs I can have a happy medium....

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t remember if you got one or not but the roller handle would help your situation. If the table is an optimal working height for you, I wouldn’t raise it and I’d just raise the press.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think you would want to raise the table, it will make other things easier for you too. Any brass prep or other task might be too low to be comfortable for you

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m only 6’ 3” but I have my table at 42”. Have a 550 and SDB mounted to it. I have a lower shelf that doubles as a foot rest when sitting on a tall stool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom