OHP rubbed me the wrong way today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I'm on a booty call, officer."

But seriously... if you really want, you can say "none of your damn business," like you could to any random stranger who asks you a question like that. However, usually when they pull you over, it is for something that they can give you a ticket for if they want... also, they sometimes just make some random $#it up like "driving left of center" and give you a ticket if they think you're an *******. That's why it's usually a good idea to be nice to them. It's usually just easier and less trouble.

But if they pulled you over for something that's a fix-it ticket like a busted taillight, and you're feeling extra protective of your liberty, by all means, let them have it. It just might be more trouble than it's worth, though.

I don't ever tell them to **** off when they ask that question. I might deny consent for a search, if whatever they pulled me over for is no big deal and I'm willing to take the ticket; but if they ask me where I'm headed and I don't feel like telling them, I'll just make something up and avoid the trouble.

As a side note, I think sobriety checkpoints, or any other form of suspicion-less search is complete BS and if I am ever stopped in something like that, I will tell them as much. I think that stuff pisses most people off, but most people just keep quiet about it. Nothing's ever going to get changed that way.

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if I happen to change my mind after I drive off? You know, take a left instead of a right while they can still see me. Should I be ducking for cover in case they start shooting or just look for the black helicopters?:uhh::uhh:

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if I happen to change my mind after I drive off? You know, take a left instead of a right while they can still see me. Should I be ducking for cover in case they start shooting or just look for the black helicopters?:uhh::uhh:

Yes, especially if you signal right and turn left. you are toast and subject to full body cavity search.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heck yeah. they would probably stomp a mudhole in your back

You don't run from the HIGHWAY PATROL, boy!! :freezing:

You know what is really funny though. There is a female trooper that probably doesn't weigh 120 pounds with all her gear on and soaking wet that I am more scared of than any dozen of the biggest fellas they got!

She is quite a pistol ... and really pretty too. :police2:

I am willing to be a year's worth of ammo if she asked any of the guys here where they were going, they would write it down for her! LOL (Judging from some of the PMs I get from noobs coming and going, I am not the only "badgebunny" here. Hahaha!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:hey3:

Ahhhh our weekly cop bashing thread. I was afraid we wouldnt have one. Two Alpha personalities clash on the street. So are you upset that you didnt make the cut at some PD somewhere or did you get a ticket last week so you are mad at all cops? I have asked this on stops before usually to just make some small talk. I never thought of it as infringing on your rights. You should have just pleaded the fifth.

<sigh>

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, especially if you signal right and turn left. you are toast and subject to full body cavity search.

Geez! That bad huh, maybe I should turn around and go back and tell them I changed my mind. Maybe someday we can just let them know when we leave the house and where we are headed so all of this can be avoided. :thumbup3:

PastorDude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, it's none of their business, they should teach them to ask general questions... They usually just don't know any better or don't put any thought into it.

Second, I don't really care and I usually play along... I don't flip out and go all Red Dawn right at the beginning.

Third, the Red Dawn button should exist in all of us!

I think the fuse went out on my
Red dawn indicator button. Any idea where I can get it replaced?

Latest posts

Top Bottom