OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah you do, because no amount of sh%t talking is justification to initiate a physical assault against anyone, cop or private citizen.

The dead man initiated a physical altercation with a police officer, while armed (and possibly while drunk, but we don't know that). Period.

Well said.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The snippet video is pretty damning for the two men, but the entire video may tell a different story. I've found there are usually three sides to these stories...the men's side, the cop's side, and the truth somewhere in the middle, but it definitely looks like the cop WAS "attacked" (I use quotes because they are out of frame at the time).

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never saw their gun come out of it's holster? It's OK for a cop to carry a gun but not a citizen?

You didn't see the whole video, either, assclown.

That was as cut and dry as can be. I'll feel sad for the cigarette seller in NY, for the gun sting dude that got a .38 tazer with a knee on the back of his head, but not this f*cker.

When I lived by Hectorville I was armed to the f*cking teeth. As in carry piece + truck rifle. Because so was everyone else, and they were also tweaking or drunk. I dealt with the OHP and the sheriffs out there. They were always helpful.

I moved to midtown and I rarely carry anymore (I know that's not popular/advised here, but it's true). I used to carry on my bike rides out there. Don't feel the need on River Trails.

If this dude was a black gangbanger in the east St. Louis and his family was giving the didn't do nuffins, NOBODY here wouldn't be calling him out. Pretty boy suburban white preacher gets hands on while armed and drunk to a state trooper, and it's hands across America for his ****** decisions.

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the report i saw on kotv said the pastor was on top of the OHP officer holding his head under water... they said if you listen to the audio you hear his radio going under the water... pastor or not the guy was trying to kill the OHP officer.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't look to me like they needed any rescuing...Water wasn't moving. Just needed the amped up cops to leave them be while they pushed their truck out of the water.
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come through to good, a calm professional with a decent attitude would have made a huge difference on this scene. Instead one chose to treat the person they were there "to rescue" as a misbehaving puppy, which took it to the next level.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing the troopers should have left them alone, but that truck did not drive itself into high water. I assume they were going to be arresting somebody for DUI before they left.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing the troopers should have left them alone, but that truck did not drive itself into high water. I assume they were going to be arresting somebody for DUI before they left.

Yup. If I run my car into a tree on Riverside drunk at 2:00 a.m. am I going to be able to tell the cops "I'm fine. Go away."

Why are people ignoring this was a DUI arrest?

F*ckers were in the middle of nowhere. In a flood. Should have gone home, slept it off, came back for the truck the next day. Don't mention being drunk, nobody would question you for DUI the next morning. Just say you stalled out like countless other people if cops ask.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I never saw their gun come out of it's holster? It's OK for a cop to carry a gun but not a citizen?

Yeah cause that's what I said.......:screwy:

I never saw a gun come out of a holster either, I saw an armed man attack another one, and then I see people upset that the one doing the attacking got killed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom