OHP UNION thinks only LEO's should be allowed to carry weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you want to open carry? You are completely blowing a tactical advantage. I read so many people on here that call conceal vest "Shoot me first" vests. Yet you are willing to OPEN carry? NOT ME! I want and need every advantage I can get.

As for removing it from my person, when required. I take just as much care to insure that same tactical advantage as I do concealing it.

Last having the privilege to carry a firearm is a lifestyle change. So don't make your holster and gun fit your clothing. Make your clothing fit your gun and holster.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you want to open carry? You are completely blowing a tactical advantage. I read so many people on here that call conceal vest "Shoot me first" vests. Yet you are willing to OPEN carry? NOT ME! I want and need every advantage I can get.

As for removing it from my person, when required. I take just as much care to insure that same tactical advantage as I do concealing it.

Last having the privilege to carry a firearm is a lifestyle change. So don't make your holster and gun fit your clothing. Make your clothing fit your gun and holster.

Not the point...

The new law as written would have given current license holders the CHOICE to open carry or conceal carry. That is the point. Freedom is all about choice. We don't get to make the choice now. Why? One reason is the stand of the OHP Union and the weight it carried with the governor.

Really really sad that a police organization wouldn't approve of citizen freedom. Understandable but never the less sad.

Carrying a firearm has become a priviledge because guys like you (and me once upon a time) believe like you do and don't understand that the Bill of Rights tells the government what it cannot do. It protects pre-existing natural rights all men have because they are men. The BOR grants nothing to us. It charges the government with protecting those rights by not messing with them.

You're not alone though in your opinion. If I had to bet I'd bet that of the 500+ elected leaders in washington DC the vast majority if asked would respond that the BOR's grants rights to us - mostly because that's what they want to believe not because they are ill informed, uneducated or just plain stupid. A granted right can be modified or taken away. A natural right is ours forever. All a government can do is restrict the exercise of it, invariably at the point of a gun. We still have the right. If it is infringed it is up to us to take it back by what ever means is reasonable up to and including using force. But as Claire Wolf said, "we're at that awkward stage where it is too late to vote the bastards out but too early to shoot 'em".

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the point...

The new law as written would have given current license holders the CHOICE to open carry or conceal carry. That is the point. Freedom is all about choice. We don't get to make the choice now. Why? One reason is the stand of the OHP Union and the weight it carried with the governor.

Really really sad that a police organization wouldn't approve of citizen freedom. Understandable but never the less sad.

Carrying a firearm has become a priviledge because guys like you (and me once upon a time) believe like you do and don't understand that the Bill of Rights tells the government what it cannot do. It protects pre-existing natural rights all men have because they are men. The BOR grants nothing to us. It charges the government with protecting those rights by not messing with them.

You're not alone though in your opinion. If I had to bet I'd bet that of the 500+ elected leaders in washington DC the vast majority if asked would respond that the BOR's grants rights to us - mostly because that's what they want to believe not because they are ill informed, uneducated or just plain stupid. A granted right can be modified or taken away. A natural right is ours forever. All a government can do is restrict the exercise of it, invariably at the point of a gun. We still have the right. If it is infringed it is up to us to take it back by what ever means is reasonable up to and including using force. But as Claire Wolf said, "we're at that awkward stage where it is too late to vote the bastards out but too early to shoot 'em".

An absolute COM, on-target response. 'Nuff said...

:thumbup3:

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
§21-1272.

UNLAWFUL CARRY

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her
person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any
pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any
dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife,
sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand
pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of
the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles,
or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or
unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:

1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational
or recreational purposes;

2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by
statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1
et seq. of this title; or

3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer
in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules
of the employing agency. Any person convicted of violating the
foregoing provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as
provided in Section 1276 of this title.

So when I open carry on my property it is for recreational use..... correct????

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the point...

:clap3::clap3:

I understand both points of view, although I'm of the opinion that it all boils down to two things:

1) It's our Constitutional right to bear arms, concealed or not.

2) 43 States (Last time I counted, could be a few off) already allow their residents to open carry. Some of them have permits, most don't. It's not the Wild West, and people are used to it.

It is sad the the Trooper's Union opposed (and continues to oppose) the recent bill.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine you're snipe hunting, right?

Not hunting at all.... all my firearm usage on my own property is recreational.... cause just having gun on hip is pure enjoyment or recreation for me....Better than a $200,000 RV.......all said tongue and cheek....

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I doubt that the people on this forum are the ones you have to worry about shooting you. The guys you do have to worry about don't think like we do.

Some of us don't have the choice to make clothing changes. We are required to wear certain clothing styles. For some of us that makes it impossible/extremely difficult to carry concealed.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that the people on this forum are the ones you have to worry about shooting you. The guys you do have to worry about don't think like we do.

Some of us don't have the choice to make clothing changes. We are required to wear certain clothing styles. For some of us that makes it impossible/extremely difficult to carry concealed.

LOL... you guys dont get Bob started, he will get this thread closed too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom