OKC Gun Club Dues???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mark Thomas and I am the division chair for the pistol (bullseye) range. While it is true that we only have 25 and 50 yard targets, you should realize what the bullseye range is designed for and that is bullseye or what the NRA calls conventional pistol shooting. It is still one of the most popular shooting disciplines in the US even more than IPSC. We have people all the time wanting to shoot at targets closer than 25 yards. Unfortunately the range is not setup for that. It is in fact a safety issue. Shooting closer than 25 yards could result in the possibility of a round going over the berm which is strickly prohibited. All of the ranges have rules that all are about safety to the participants and the neihbors of the range. My contact info is at the range and anyone is always welcome to contact me if they have any questions or complaints. My ears are always open for new ideas.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mark Thomas and I am the division chair for the pistol (bullseye) range. While it is true that we only have 25 and 50 yard targets, you should realize what the bullseye range is designed for and that is bullseye or what the NRA calls conventional pistol shooting. It is still one of the most popular shooting disciplines in the US even more than IPSC. We have people all the time wanting to shoot at targets closer than 25 yards. Unfortunately the range is not setup for that. It is in fact a safety issue. Shooting closer than 25 yards could result in the possibility of a round going over the berm which is strickly prohibited. All of the ranges have rules that all are about safety to the participants and the neihbors of the range. My contact info is at the range and anyone is always welcome to contact me if they have any questions or complaints. My ears are always open for new ideas.

Thanks Mark.
At this point, I don't plan on competing with my pistol but I understand why the range is setup for 25 and 50 yds. I've moved my pistol shooting to another range to hopefully get better at shooting and for me to figure out how my pistol shoots. I can slowly move the target farther away the more accurate I get. It's been nice being able to go out and shoot 200-300 rounds in an afternoon, the gun is working smoother and I'm getting a lot more comfortable.
On the Bullseye range, I wouldn't set anything up shorter than 25 yds so I don't see shooting there anytime too soon.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried B00B and that didn't work... Just kidding. Haven't gotten the new code yet, guess I'll send Bill another email. My check cleared about 10 days ago.

I don't think the new cards get mailed out until the last week of January or the first week of Feb.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received my email answer from Bill and $300 is too much to pay for a couple of times on the range. I'd never get a return on the money and then they want a "cleanup day" which is out of the question since I'm handicapped. Usually a business cleans their own and doesn't expect customers to clean the tables.

Gosh, sorry to hear you feel that way. The club is totally run by volunteer members, so its a pick up after yourself kind of place. With the second ammendment under constant attack, the OKC Gun Cub is a great place to go to be around like minded individuals even if you are not shooting. Just hang out and socialize.

As far a being handicapped and being limited on work days, just talk to Jack Arbogast and tell him your limits. I'm sure he will work out something. Not every work day involves mowing, clearing brush or building target frames. There is always a need for some kind of not very physical labor, especially during the various tournaments.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gosh, sorry to hear you feel that way. The club is totally run by volunteer members, so its a pick up after yourself kind of place. With the second ammendment under constant attack, the OKC Gun Cub is a great place to go to be around like minded individuals even if you are not shooting. Just hang out and socialize.

As far a being handicapped and being limited on work days, just talk to Jack Arbogast and tell him your limits. I'm sure he will work out something. Not every work day involves mowing, clearing brush or building target frames. There is always a need for some kind of not very physical labor, especially during the various tournaments.

We got this all cleared up jstaylor62. Its all good!

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdie,

I thought I would let you all know that I got my card and combination in the mail today. So, those waiting, yours should likely arrive very soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom