OKC Gun Club?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC Gun Club pros: shoot anytime from sun-up to sun-down, multiple ranges covering every type of shooting plus archery, OUTDOORS, some areas you can have your own bay to practice in, events, competitions, Kurt Miller

OKC Gun Club cons: communication is lacking. Lots of info about events comes via word-of-mouth. The calendar is generally updated well, but there is no day-to-day mouthpiece for the club, and no social media presence of any kind. That is the only con.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to be a member but let it expire. I got tired of having to bring my weed eater to the range every time I wanted to shoot. Seemed like the only time they mowed the HP range was just before a match.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. You just have your member card signed by whomever you scheduled your work day through. I typically volunteer way more than I get to shoot.

I get my work days running the training range for BSA and CAP. I lose count of the days I put in every year, but the reward I get from doing it is far greater than the $80 off my dues. Find something you enjoy and get your workdays that way.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
there will be emails sent out by jack arbogast(in charge of workdays) often enough that getting one in is no problem. i suggest working a match in a discipline that you are interested in shooting. you will gain knowledge that will be helpful when you decide to shoot a match. there are always things to do as far as mowing, wedeating and range/target repair also. just send jack an email and ask. if you have any other skills that might be useful, the club is always on the hunt for that.

glad you guys joined! for those that missed for wahtever reason, i think there is a second oppurtunity for orientation in december.

Latest posts

Top Bottom