Oklahoma City November Multigun Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, you guys are killing me!!! I have too much going on that week, my brother is coming down and leaving on Sunday, but there is no way my wife is going to let me leave her on another Sunday, especially being so close to last Sunday. Come next year, it's on!!

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike is right, there is nothing like Rocky Mountain. There are some big 3Gun matches, and this is one of the biggest. It's all done in natural terrain with lots of movement and LOTS of long range rifle. :50cal:

Rusty and WD, it's great to see you guys excited. And we'll see you in a couple of weeks. Are you shooting the IPSC match the Saturday before the 3Gun match?

Sean

Well Sean, that's the $64,000 question. lol... The Practical Rifle match at Oil Capital is that same saturday. I'll have to decide which one to shoot on Saturday but Sunday is a lock!

I've got new pistol and AR mag holders coming along with the proper belt and several shotshell holders and let's not forget a new holster for the pistol and an extended tube for the Benelli, 9 shots on board now! No more fishing around my pockets for magazines. I've even been praticing the weak hand reload on the shotty...

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Sean, that's the $64,000 question. lol... The Practical Rifle match at Oil Capital is that same saturday. I'll have to decide which one to shoot on Saturday but Sunday is a lock!

I've got new pistol and AR mag holders coming along with the proper belt and several shotshell holders and let's not forget a new holster for the pistol and an extended tube for the Benelli, 9 shots on board now! No more fishing around my pockets for magazines. I've even been praticing the weak hand reload on the shotty...

Hey Rusty, before you finalize that order I've got some things I need too. I'll PM you a list.

:)

Sean

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Rusty, before you finalize that order I've got some things I need too. I'll PM you a list.

:)

Sean

LOL. Too late Amigo, all of my orders are placed with many people hard at work filling them I'm sure. LOL. I'm gonna need as much practice time as I can get! I thought I was going to have to call the fire dept to get my thumb unstuck from the benelli last night, she's a biter!

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL. Too late Amigo, all of my orders are placed with many people hard at work filling them I'm sure. LOL. I'm gonna need as much practice time as I can get! I thought I was going to have to call the fire dept to get my thumb unstuck from the benelli last night, she's a biter!

And I thought you were buying gear for everybody!

As for the sg loading, there are a few people who do the weak hand loading with a benelli really well, and most of them use welded up gates. This prevents the thumb bite you discovered last night.

So be careful with that and do a search here and on Enos about welded up benelli gates. Several people do them and they are really necessary if you're going to do that kind of weak hand loading.

I guarantee you don't want us to have to call an ambulance for you in the middle of a match to get your thumb extracted from the underside of your sg. You would never live it down. ;)

Sean

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Mossberg 930 SPX for 3 gun? I have read through some reviews and its seems like cheaper alternative to the Benelli but still autoloading.

Save your money and get a used Benelli or Winchester Sx2/FN SLP.

I'm definitely going to agree with Mike here. I got my Benelli used and couldn't be happier with it. WD You're more than welcome to try the M1 out next time we're at the same match, but I've gotta warn you... after you shoot it you WILL have to have one. lol...

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And if you don't get that lifter welded, you may not be able get it back from him!

Just remember, you can't ride home on a bowl of goat, I've always said that!

M

Latest posts

Top Bottom