Oklahoma City November Multigun Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would you really even consider running your match on the same saturday as USSA's USPSA match Mike? I know that we don't have a lot of date availability but that would be a real challenge for a lot of folks.

If we see the same amount of participation in future matches that we saw this past weekend from our Tulsa crowd, I really don't think it will be a big deal. We may lose 3 or 4 shooters, but we will get quite a few more locally having it on Saturdays. There is no schedule yet and we are not even sure if it will be monthly or every other month or quaterly, so it is really too early to tell what match it will be the same day as, since there is a match every weekend day of the month now.

M

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've spent too much money. Parents aren't happy with my credit card statement. The youtube video helped them understand the the need for the stuff and my excitement for this new addiction, but they're still not happy. I guess one every other month would probably be all I could do anyways.

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you really even consider running your match on the same saturday as USSA's USPSA match Mike? I know that we don't have a lot of date availability but that would be a real challenge for a lot of folks.

Quick over veiw of shooting weekends.Kurt and I had the 3rd Sat. for 3 gun for a year and we never shot over 12 people,usually 6 to 8.We were told by the powers that to be at the new USSA they would be putting on a 3 gun at least every other month if not every month so we give the 3rd Sat. to ICORE.As you see the 3gun matches never happened.Mike picked a day as not to interfere with anybody in OKL. only to find out Fort Smith shoots on the 3rd Sunday and a lot of people from Tulsa shoot that match and we still shot over 30 shooters first time out.There was only 1 Gold SHIRT and an associate that came to the match from Tulsa,other than Lance and Jay,oops they are the BLUE SHIRT bunch aint they!!!!! But they came over on Sat. and shot ICORE and helped set up

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've spent too much money. Parents aren't happy with my credit card statement. The youtube video helped them understand the the need for the stuff and my excitement for this new addiction, but they're still not happy. I guess one every other month would probably be all I could do anyways.

At least you don't have a wife that says OH! another match for you to shoot,or 2 on the same weekend?Or when are we going to do something together----Ya really have to be carefull answering that one,If ya don't believe me asK JESSE THE FLOWER BOY!!!!!!!!

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you can do it every other month, then that's what you can do. But once you get the gear together (and even if you need to borrow gear), you need about 100 pistol rounds, a box of walmart shotgun shells and 100 or so monarch .223. After that it's just the entry fees. It's the getting started that is expensive.

Hell, I shot the Rocky Mountain 3Gun Championship with a borrowed AR. I shot THIS match with a borrowed AR. I'm just now buying one. This can be done on the cheap. Sometimes, all you have to do is ask.

Other than that, I wish I had a credit card that my parents paid for! I'm with Curly on this one. "You're shooting again?" "What do you HAVE to buy this time?" "Another ... !" :smack:

Nah, my wife has been really understanding of this addiction. Between IPSC/USPSA and 3Gun, I shoot almost every weekend. Luckily, she works on Saturday and that's the day I shoot most weekends.

I have backed out of a couple major matches due to funds and time, but I shoot every time I can. I wish my son would be more involved, but he's got his own things going on, and that would mean it would cost twice as much.

We'll see you when we see you, but we hope to see you in November. :)

Sean

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O I will definitely be there in Nov. And then in January. and Probably Feb. and March, AND April. The getting started is the cost but all I need is a shotgun and I am close on closing that deal. So I am almost there. I have plenty of ammo. Thats what they don't understand, once I get set up, the cost is minimal from then on, except for upgrades! :naughty::naughty:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 3-gun match pushed me over the edge. lol... I've been holding off on buying gear until I was sure I was going to stick with this. Long story short, is I have bought and/or ordered enough gear this week to have purchased a new gun. I am super amped about the next match and, like others, have been counting the days until then!

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You all need to start thinking about Rocky Mountain in August. You want to talk fun!

Keep Briley and Rudy Project in mind when ordering this gear as they are some of the companies responsible for allowing us to shoot these games.. Also for guns get with Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports, and everyone needs training and TDSA is the place for that. </shameless sponsor plug + freebie for Team Blue>

Mike

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike is right, there is nothing like Rocky Mountain. There are some big 3Gun matches, and this is one of the biggest. It's all done in natural terrain with lots of movement and LOTS of long range rifle. :50cal:

Rusty and WD, it's great to see you guys excited. And we'll see you in a couple of weeks. Are you shooting the IPSC match the Saturday before the 3Gun match?

Sean

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt I will. When there's not a FB game in Stillwater, I go home to work on the farm for my dad to pay off my accumulated debt. LOL. I have some wheat stored at the elevator but wheat prices suck, plus thats my "gotta have it now" money, like for a 3 gun ready upper :slap:.... So I go home to work off my debt and keep that money for something speshul. One of these days I will make it to one of those matches for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom