Oklahoma fossil fuel blacklist could cost retirees millions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The implementation of the list I'm sure could be done better. I mean it is government, after all.

But, the idea seems to have merit to me. If an organization is explicitly targeting a sector that is still very significant to the state, why should that get a pass? Why should we allow them to profit from us, but then screw us at the same time with their silly woke politics?
But apparently there isn't any real evidence that some of them are targeting anything. Why does O&G get free reign to do whatever? Don't get me started on mineral rights not being sold with property.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF? this legislation" COULD" cost millions of dollars to Millions of retired Oklahomans per year? could this just be a way of saying ???? this Legislation "COULD" cost Millions of retired Oklahomans 1 dollar per year? it is all about how you say it??? and now the big question is "how much is ESG costing the taxpayers each year"?
One loss is a choice by the state where the retirees don't have a say . . . or at least appears to be purposefully done.

I get that retirees lose money all of the time from their investments.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But apparently there isn't any real evidence that some of them are targeting anything. Why does O&G get free reign to do whatever? Don't get me started on mineral rights not being sold with property.
O&G has free reign? How so?

The harder it is to access capital the more expensive your fill-up will be. Which is the goal I guess.

A lot of people have things they would not have if not for O&G.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because these woke ran companies believe they can enter the political arena free of charge. There is a cost to everything. If woke employees want to play politics behind the vail of a corporate name, so be it. Bud Light is a great example of the cost to a company.
And Target, and now Cracker Barrel.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O&G has free reign? How so?

The harder it is to access capital the more expensive your fill-up will be. Which is the goal I guess.

A lot of people have things they would not have if not for O&G.
So you're going with oil and gas doesn't basically run the state and determine a great deal of how things are ran?

Where did I say O&G didn't provide a good living to many people here?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen articles that say ESG investing doesn't give as good a return to investors, plus ESG is just a way to force political ideology on people and companies.
I fully support the OK law. Gotta stand up and draw a line somewhere.

https://hbr.org/2022/03/an-inconvenient-truth-about-esg-investing
If the state can find businesses that would provide as good or better services and protect retirees that would be great. Just seems like some cart before the horse stuff right now.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ESG can be considered a tax on business. Instead of money going to profits, shareholders, reinvested in new products or to cut costs of producing existing products, it goes to hire more people to monitor ESG activity and fund outside ESG groups and efforts.
A bunch of companies have hired or are hiring new positions in DEI. Diversity equity and inclusion and I am sure they are highly paid. Funny thing is, the O&G companies are right in the middle of hiring these positions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom