onions on sale at aldi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You guys need to get friendly with a local that raises cattle! We butcher one Angus a year and split it between two families. Last cost I think was $400 for the butchering, aging and prep. Rufus (this years cow) was bred and born on the family farm. Haven't calculated cost of hay or time it too to care for him. but in the end, it's seriously cheap meat that is seriously good stuff. Wally world steak is bland and tough compared to this stuff.

This year is even cheaper with all the rain. Haven't had to deliver hay but one time the whole season!

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys need to get friendly with a local that raises cattle! We butcher one Angus a year and split it between two families. Last cost I think was $400 for the butchering, aging and prep. Rufus (this years cow) was bred and born on the family farm. Haven't calculated cost of hay or time it too to care for him. but in the end, it's seriously cheap meat that is seriously good stuff. Wally world steak is bland and tough compared to this stuff.

This year is even cheaper with all the rain. Haven't had to deliver hay but one time the whole season!

I have a cousin that raises beef. we did this and it is awesome! we avg out at 2.98/lb

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... now I'm officially jealous ... :grumble:

There is an Aldi's down the street from us ... I'm gonna go check it out today ... Wish me luck! :D

good luck! don't forget your quarter and byob or just treat it like sams and put it all in boxes in the car! Ive yet to try anything I didn't like from there brand wise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom