onions on sale at aldi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bananas are cheaper than sams or walmart there. $.58 average at crest and similar. .44 at Aldi.

I like the bananas from crest the best but have not checked out Aldi. Crest carries Dole brand and they are not as bruised or over ripe as at Walmart or Sams.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys make me so jealous with your selection of food stores!!! We have three grocery stores and Wal-Mart to choose from. Problem is 2 of the 3 are owned by the same family and they have a large say in the 3rd store. All 3 stores are OLD, nasty, buildings in largely disrepair and they won't spend a dime to fix them or build a new store. Their selection is basic at best and NOTHING exotic. The family also has a large influence on the City Council & Chamber of Commerce and won't let competition come in.

It's probably funny to watch my wife and I when we walk into a grocery store in another town, especially a large one. We are like kids in a candy store, our eyes just bug out at all the selections. Things we have only heard of on TV and NEVER seen locally. I have often thought that if fuel wasn't so expensive it would almost be worth just taking a day and driving 60-100 miles just to get groceries. As it is Wal-Mart is just about our only option if we want anything at a reasonable price.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys make me so jealous with your selection of food stores!!! We have three grocery stores and Wal-Mart to choose from. Problem is 2 of the 3 are owned by the same family and they have a large say in the 3rd store. All 3 stores are OLD, nasty, buildings in largely disrepair and they won't spend a dime to fix them or build a new store. Their selection is basic at best and NOTHING exotic. The family also has a large influence on the City Council & Chamber of Commerce and won't let competition come in.

It's probably funny to watch my wife and I when we walk into a grocery store in another town, especially a large one. We are like kids in a candy store, our eyes just bug out at all the selections. Things we have only heard of on TV and NEVER seen locally. I have often thought that if fuel wasn't so expensive it would almost be worth just taking a day and driving 60-100 miles just to get groceries. As it is Wal-Mart is just about our only option if we want anything at a reasonable price.

I bet Crest foods in MWC would blow your mind then.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dicus?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Uptown has some very nice T-bones at $6.88 lb to go with those onions. :D

That's really high for a T-bone, in my opinion. Locally grown, grass fed, no hormone, no antibiotic beef was $3.85/lb custom butchered when I last filled my freezer.

I hate always having to disarm before entering Sprout's, so I avoid it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's really high for a T-bone, in my opinion. Locally grown, grass fed, no hormone, no antibiotic beef was $3.85/lb custom butchered when I last filled my freezer.

I hate always having to disarm before entering Sprout's, so I avoid it.

Actually that is really cheap if you have to buy from a grocery. Most of the time here in Edmond locally grown, grass fed, no hormone, no antibiotic beef is $21.95/lb for T-bone. Luckily I only buy them for the wife since I prefer sirloin which runs about 7.95lb for locally grown, grass fed, no hormone, no antibiotic beef.

Since I do not feel the need to carry, I can visit Sprout's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom