Open Carry Bill Introducted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who all has called Sen Barrington's office to ask for HB2522 to be heard as soon as possible? The Senate Public Safety Committee meets every Thursday, he could get it heard as early as next week if he wants to. The number is 405-521-5563
just called and they were busy. left them a voice mail expressing my support and encouraging him to include it tomorrow.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got one reply to all my emails today... from the assistant to Senator Barrington. Glad it took 5 days for her to get around to replying that the bill was in process. No word on their stance, except to say that:

Sandra Shelton said:
SB 1733 is the Senate version of the open carry bill and it passed the Senate last week with my supporting vote.

Funny... I wasn't aware a senator's executive assistant could vote on a bill.

<edit> Sadly, I'm beginning to agree with others that this is going to get bogged down and is unlikely to make it into law. And if that happens, I'm sure it will be intentional on the part of many "supporters".

O

oklacowboy

<edit> Sadly, I'm beginning to agree with others that this is going to get bogged down and is unlikely to make it into law. And if that happens, I'm sure it will be intentional on the part of many "supporters".
I sure hope your wrong. I herd they were out this week so they could go obama.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If they play games like that, i think our politicians are smart enough to know we, the voting populace, will be really pissed off!! Especially after the games last year with the governor.
I doubt if they would take it this far and then kill it, it will only make an active voter base more mad.
keep the pressure up is all I can say!

Based on other thread on this forum, I believe they are on "spring break" and are not meeting tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they play games like that, i think our politicians are smart enough to know we, the voting populace, will be really pissed off!! Especially after the games last year with the governor.
I doubt if they would take it this far and then kill it, it will only make an active voter base more mad.
keep the pressure up is all I can say!

Based on other thread on this forum, I believe they are on "spring break" and are not meeting tomorrow.

Look folks... This isn't the FIRST time this bill has tried to pass. It's just the first time most are paying attention. The problem is that they keep racking other things onto the bill. If they run it as-is, there is a chance it'll pass. Otherwise, you all will be having this discussion next session too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom