Open Carry Bill next legislative session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagillespie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK2A was the only 2nd Amendment organization, along with the gentleman running the open carry petition (and he has now joined up with OK2A), that was supporting Open Carry during the 2010 legislative session.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to encourage the addition of "shall not be a criminal act" verbiage to our the end of our SDA. This is what the law in MO says at the end of prohibited places to carry but makes the exception for valid CWP holders to not be charged with a crime if found to be carrying in a prohibited place. You can only be asked to leave the premises and if you refuse then you could only be charged with a misdemeanor and a small fine, no felony. We should make the best out of the Henry veto and add this to either the open carry bill or the Oklahoma Firearms Freedom act in the next legislative session.

I like this. I am hopeful the new Governor will follow through on her statement to sign it into law.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
To each his own. I don't always agree with the NRA but ,I'll support them.I don't see anybody else that fights for our gun rights as well as they do. I don't support open carry myself. Once there was a push on here to allow carrying in bars if you didn't drink. Put the two together and the outcome wouldn't be good. All we would need would be just one unjustified shooting and the antigun crazies would go into a frenzy. Be careful of what you want, you may get it.

Might consider changing you user name to something more fitting, maybe something like proauthoritarianopressivegovernmentokie.

slade1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
12,871: I like the open carry only as an added protection against anti-gun people who would make a big deal out of unintended exposure of a firearm from a licensed carrier. :patriot:

Latest posts

Top Bottom