Open Carry Bill next legislative session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys prepare for an email campaign to your legislators in the state house. Sue Tibbs is a closet anti who is also owned by the FOP and OHP leadership.

Considering that the Oklahoma FOP specifically does NOT take stands on non-police, non-labor issues, what are you trying to say?

Michael Brown

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OHP guys I have met have no problems with people carrying. Last guy even had me go in my glove box for insurance verification, even knowing my gun was there.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not the FOP but I seem to remember the OHP was against the measure.

That is just my point.

People making general assumptions based upon one instance that don't stand up to factual examination. One group he named was against open carry; the other didn't offer a viewpoint.

Plus it is clear that the poster was trying to criticize the police and their unions without appearing like an obvious cop basher.

He has made a habit of grouping people together in order to criticize them without giving any real analysis and hoping that inflammatory terms to some folks i.e. unions, police, baby killer, fascist, welfare, etc will cause a series of outrage posts.

It is the same tactic that douchebags like Rahm Emmanuel use to inflame liberals into supporting gun bans, amnesty and other hot-button topics and I simply will not allow such tactics to go un-challenged on this forum.

Michael Brown

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OHP's public, collective voice (whatever that organization us called) came out against the measure, but members here quickly pointed out that individual troopers may not share the publicly-relayed view.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty interesting. Can honestly say i never would have thought about it that way. It's truly a shame that our polititians are that shady!

Ha. I wish I shared your idealism but i have now concluded that politicians are to lawyers what lawyers are to the public.
poli = poly= many
tics=blood sucking insects

The only language they understand is loss of power.
Perhaps, making sure those who block it this time, if they do, regret it the next time around (in 2 years), may make the bill pass.

We as the public need long memories. I am cautiously optimistic. re: OC.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but most of those politicians that voted against this last year got re-elected.
Some without any real competition.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha. I wish I shared your idealism but i have now concluded that politicians are to lawyers what lawyers are to the public.
poli = poly= many
tics=blood sucking insects

The only language they understand is loss of power.
Perhaps, making sure those who block it this time, if they do, regret it the next time around (in 2 years), may make the bill pass.

We as the public need long memories. I am cautiously optimistic. re: OC.

Very well said!

Latest posts

Top Bottom