Open Carry Bill next legislative session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no doubts that we'll get open carry next year. The same people will probably pass it and Fallin will sign it. No more worrying about brandishing, or at least that's what it means for me.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no doubts that we'll get open carry next year. The same people will probably pass it and Fallin will sign it. No more worrying about brandishing, or at least that's what it means for me.

No Tibbs got re elected. She chairs the public safety committee I believe the only reason she let it out of committee instead of killing it their was because she was up for election this year. Hide and watch she'll sit on it if it comes up this year.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No Tibbs got re elected. She chairs the public safety committee I believe the only reason she let it out of committee instead of killing it their was because she was up for election this year. Hide and watch she'll sit on it if it comes up this year.

Is there no way for the house members to force it out of committee?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there no way for the house members to force it out of committee?

Yep.

In the House, as long as the committee does not give a "Do Not Pass" recommendation, your legislator can sign a Discharge Petition. (House Rule 7.8)

If 2/3 of the House Membership sign a Discharge Petition, then it forces the bill onto the calendar, bypassing the committee and Speaker.

I'm not sure in the Senate, and a quick skimming of their rules didn't result in seeing a similar mechanism.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.

In the House, as long as the committee does not give a "Do Not Pass" recommendation, your legislator can sign a Discharge Petition. (House Rule 7.8)

If 2/3 of the House Membership sign a Discharge Petition, then it forces the bill onto the calendar, bypassing the committee and Speaker.

I'm not sure in the Senate, and a quick skimming of their rules didn't result in seeing a similar mechanism.

Well guys prepare for an email campaign to your legislators in the state house. Sue Tibbs is a closet anti who is also owned by the FOP and OHP leadership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom