Open carry crazy question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only know about how my cc class was, but it was basically a joke. Our class shot .22 pistols at targets between 6 and 10 feet away. It was scary how many people had trouble with that. The written test was also a joke, since the instructor basically gave us all the answers during the review before the test. When the instructor gave hypothetical situations to the class asking what they would do, too many people seemed to think their carry license gave them the authority of a law enforcement officer. I'm sure very few, if any, people in that class even looked at the laws.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My CC class was a joke also, but it got me a license to learn.

In my opinion, everyone should read the laws, then go back several times and re-read the laws. Think about the scenarios you might be in and find all the sections that might pertain to that scenario. You will have a better idea of what you read on this board. There is a tremendous amount of great information here, much of it is opinions of what others are thinking of how they interpret the law in between the lines or in different situations, and also many interject their personal opinions. OC vs CC, retention, acceptable caliber for self defense, lock their firearms up if they are going to have a cold beer after mowing the yard, for examples. I have read several reports that more civilians have been killed by .22's than any other caliber. To me, shot placement is the primary factor. Disagree? Stand here and let my try this .22 short a couple shots. (I prefer a .45, but it does not always fit my circumstances.)

If you do this, you can then weed out the hearsay from the opinions and apply it to the laws you need to pay attention to and should read for yourself and your lifestyle. Just my $.02 worth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom