Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hrdware from OpenCarry.org said:

Generally the order of things, is to vote on the amendment, then vote on the bill as amended. There was not call for that in this case because the amendment was a committee amendment, not an individual amendment to the bill.

In any case, SB129 is not quite dead yet.

The Public Safety Committee vote was on Do Pass As Amended. This vote failed, which means the committee retains possession of the bill. Had the committee voted on a Do Not Pass, then SB129 would have died.

This means that the committee can still work on the bill and take it up again next week. If the bill does not come out of the committee next week, a discharge petition may be filed to bring it to the House Floor. This discharge petition must be signed by 2/3 of the representatives (68 for an exact number).

If the Public Safety Committee votes Do Not Pass next week the bill is dead. If it doesn't get out of committee then a discharge petition (likely to fail again) would bring it to the floor.

--- and another person got a response from his representative... see full info here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...a-Senate-moves-to-House&p=1503151#post1503151

Thanks!

James' post gave out some positive vibes as well:

James,

We are going to make a few changes and request reconsideration next week. If that fails, SB129 will be dead for this year. I am about 85% confident that we can get this to the floor.

Steve Martin

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With it failing 9 to 8, now how important was it for the ORA to step up and support it? :(

They knew it'd fail. We're not going to get an acceptable open carry bill on to the House Floor without a discharge petition, plain and simple.

Based on how this legislature has been on the open carry issue, I wonder if Mary Fallin has actually assured legislators that she will sign an open carry bill.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Representative Email District Party Phone Room
Cannaday, Ed [email protected] 15 D (405) 557-7375 539-B
Cox, Doug [email protected] 5 R (405) 557-7415 410
Hardin, Tommy [email protected] 49 R (405) 557-7383 323
Hoskin, Chuck [email protected] 6 D (405) 557-7319 509
Joyner, Charlie [email protected] 95 R (405) 557-7314 336
McAffrey, Al [email protected] 88 D (405) 557-7396 544
Ownbey, Pat [email protected] 48 R (405) 557-7326 301
Renegar, Brian [email protected] 17 D (405) 557-7381 504
Roan, Paul D. [email protected] 20 D (405) 557-7308 540
I am emailing this list to myself, so that, come next election cycle, I can support their opponents, regardless of party, with donations.
If we all did this, it would send a good message.
One lesson here is that a lot of power-hungry politicians in a conservative state like OK will pretend to be republican just to be elected. RINOS.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dr. Cox is my Rep and he voted for this last year. hes gonna get a letter from me and everyone i know in my area.
i guess for assuming hed vote the way he did last time makes me a sucker.

iRIGHTi

Marksman
Reaction score
So what about 1647? that is the one to allow vets a lifetime license. Any chance they could "amend" it and get it through? Their argument about weapon retention is pretty freaking thin since I can legally carry concealed now with a holster with no retention. AFter Mon and Tues, even a week says WTF! If Imwere to open carry, I would use a retention holster but that should be my choice as a free citizen!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what about 1647? that is the one to allow vets a lifetime license. Any chance they could "amend" it and get it through? Their argument about weapon retention is pretty freaking thin since I can legally carry concealed now with a holster with no retention. AFter Mon and Tues, even a week says WTF! If Imwere to open carry, I would use a retention holster but that should be my choice as a free citizen!

It wouldn't surprise me for it to go through as-is, which is why I am so against running a discharge petition on a bill that legislators would deem acceptable while the People won't.

Amended to allows open carry, either with or without a license? Fat chance on it passing the House again...

Latest posts

Top Bottom