Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brian Renegar has said many times he was against open carry of any sort. So I wasn't suprised he voted against it. I sent him my dissaproval of his vote but he said he really don't care what the average citizen wants he's listening to local law enforcement and they are against any form of open carry.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brian Renegar has said many times he was against open carry of any sort. So I wasn't suprised he voted against it. I sent him my dissaproval of his vote but he said he really don't care what the average citizen wants he's listening to local law enforcement and they are against any form of open carry.

Well of course he does. After all their opinions are way more valuable than those of us non-elite citizens.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ves-to-House&p=1504633&viewfull=1#post1504633

snippet:
I just got off the phone with my rep and he told me that the committee has decided not to hear it next week and that it is dead for the year. Additionally he said that the checking for a permit is likely to not go away and that there's a precedent for it thanks to game gardens being able to ask to see a permit when out fishing and the like. Which means we will need to be sure to fight to try and make sure that the next time it come around that you don't need a permit, or for JBURGII's thing to get the final approval that oc is already legal for all.

The reason they won't hear it is because they are worried about it setting a precedent.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to start a new thread with the following "enlightenment".

The Oklahoma House Public Safety committee has killed legislation to allow concealed carry permit holders to carry weapons openly
This is quite curious since there is nothing in the Oklahoma Constitution to allow the House of Representatives to have legislative committees, and the Oklahoma Constitution, Section V-34, requires that ALL bills be read on three different days in each House, and if it has a number, it's a bill.

The Oklahoma Senate may have legislative(standing) committees per Section V- 28, but nowhere in the Oklahoma Constitution is the House authorized to create such committees let alone to grant such committees the power to kill a bill. Such power would be in violation of Section V-34.

Now, if the House wants to create committees to DRAFT legislation, I can see where such power would not violate the Oklahoma Constitution, but once drafted, submitted by a representative, and assigned a bill number, like all bills presented and assigned a number(each Rep is allowed to introduce 8 bills each session), it should be read three times on the House floor and given an up or down vote. Period.

I had the opportunity to ask Kris Steele(Speaker of the House) about this today, and he stated that the "committees" are created under the House's "legislative powers", but could not reconcile that with the requirement in the Oklahoma Constitution to read every bill on three different days in the house (unless two-thirds of a quorum present vote to dispense with the reading per Section V-35, which does not negate the requirement for an up or down vote. A committee with 17 members is hardly a quorum.). He said he'd get back to me.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom