Opinion of Hi-Point Firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is YOUR proof? If some one who has the gun in question has never had any problems with it how is that any less proof than some one who has heard stories from people? If they are so bad, where are all the pics of blown up guns? Or all the videos of these "Jam o'matics"?

It seem to me that if some one asks 'What do you thing about hipoints?', if you answer you should have some real experience with the firearm in question.

Almost all of the negative responses fall in to the 'It is cheap, and not a glock so my friends hate it and I DO TOO!'

These guns are what they are. They are heavy, cheap, and in my experience with the actual guns, reliable and accurate. They are not hi-end weapons, and I don't thank any one is calming that they are, but the do work and are reliable enough.

But I do love all the 'I trained the navy in desert warfare for 73 years, 99% of the time when some one pull the trigger on the hipoint it would jam then explode! Get a kimber' and my all time favorite 'I was at the range one day and some one shot my target! And you know what?........ It was a hipoint.:rollingla

Read my posts before you respond.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to put 1,000 rounds thru a weapon in a single day to "prove" it's reliable? In most cases, where a firearm is used for self defense, how often do you think a person shoots 1,000 rounds a day thru it? Is that taking the time to clean it every so often? Or not?

I had a Colt Python at one time. Beautiful gun. Very well made. But I know for a fact that it wouldn't survive that kind of test. Yet hundreds of police officers have used them for years without any issues. That same thing could be said about the S&W 66, and 686 revolvers.

I find that kind of requirement a little absurd.

Its not a requirement - I never said it was. But to completely misunderstand that you only need a few rounds therefore you should just test the gun with a few rounds is completely missing the point of Murphy's law and quite honestly, its failing to understand how firearms work - they get closer to failure each time you shoot them. They're made by men/machines that often times make mistakes. Even a few hundred rounds through it is better than "a few mags".

Spending less on machining/QC/production costs does not make them more reliable - that doesn't make sense at all.

Seems that all the Hi-Point defenders are as good at reading/listening as they are about gathering proof that their guns are "just as good".

With that, I'll go ahead and bow out of this thread as well since no one wants to have a discussion or read each others' posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom