Opinion of Hi-Point Firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, plenty of opinions here. My situation is this: I'm here in Austin (not my home state), I want a rifle to shoot at the range, I don't have my safe with me and I live in an apartment, and I have a Glock .40 with me so I have ammo for it. I figured for $319 I won't cry over it if it gets stolen and it shoots .40 ammo that I already have.

I went to buy it on Wednesday only to be told: "You're on hold, dude". Rats!! I wanted before the long weekend!

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing the owner of Tex-Guns (where I'm buying it) said: In all his years of selling Hi Points, he's never seen one come back with something wrong with it. He said he can't say that about Ruger, S&W, or any other brand he sells. It's big, it's ugly, but it goes "BANG" when you pull the trigger.

Oh, and they just called to say I'm cleared to come get it! And thanks to all of you on your opinions! It helped!

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never fired a hi-point, so I can't comment on how it shoots.

I've held one of their pistols. It felt too bulky and uncomfortable for me. I didn't like the way it felt, so I'd never buy one.

Then again...I say the same thing about Glocks (or any plastic gun actually). I'm not against their ability, I hate the way they feel. They don't have the bulkiness problem, but I don't like the feel.

I just don't like the feel of plastic guns.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The one thing the owner of Tex-Guns (where I'm buying it) said: In all his years of selling Hi Points, he's never seen one come back with something wrong with it. He said he can't say that about Ruger, S&W, or any other brand he sells. It's big, it's ugly, but it goes "BANG" when you pull the trigger.

Oh, and they just called to say I'm cleared to come get it! And thanks to all of you on your opinions! It helped!

My gun dealer says the same thing. Says he can't hardly keep them on the shelf and he's never had one complaint. Last time I was there sitting around talking I saw him move two pistols and one carbine in 30 minutes time.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My gun dealer says the same thing. Says he can't hardly keep them on the shelf and he's never had one complaint. Last time I was there sitting around talking I saw him move two pistols and one carbine in 30 minutes time.

Pretty much what mine says too. He doesn't care much for the pistols himself, but he's never had a complaint. He owns a couple of the carbines and says they're fun as hell to shoot.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting that the quality gunshops in Tulsa won't carry Hi-point IMO, considering nobody apparently has any problems with them. :D

SoonersFan32064

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot the high point 9mm pistol. And my overall opinion of it was very positive. Yea sure its ugly and bulky...but aren't Glocks? It's reliable, cheap, and kind of weird lookin which for some people is a second kind of cool. And for the price you cant beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom