OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went a lot of years and never knew getting a mailbox set up at your house was such an ordeal.
When I tried to get a mailbox set up at my house outside of Cherokee, OK, I found out the post office doesn’t provide service to my location (supposedly 8 miles is too far from town :scratch:).
Now I’m getting the runaround from the PO here in Cushing, TX. They told me I had to call the 911 coordinator for the county, and when I did, the guy acted like I was crazy because I already have a 911 address. The PO knows I have a 911 address too, because it’s “tied” to my PO box. I’m going to try to make it back to the PO tomorrow during their business hours to see what the next hoop I have to jump through.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our neighbor didn't like that our mail box is positioned at the entrance to her driveway and had some contractor move it to the empty 1-acre lot between us. Thats a huge no-no with the Post Office in rural delivery. She had to pay the guy to put it back in its original location.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, it's been a busy week at the lake house. We had about 40 at our place from Friday thru Sunday.
We took them out to dinner Friday night then to the local dance hall and danced until midnight. Then up early Saturday for cookout, crazy games, water fun and boating. Then Saturday night we had a live band at our place for more dancing.
Sunday, I got up and cooked breakfast for everyone. We had huge breakfast buffet. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, fruit, pastries, bagels, tortillas and all the fixings, the last one left around 3pm on Sunday.
I cooked 40 half pound hamburgers, 20 hot dogs, 10 pounds of chicken, 54 eggs, 10 pounds of sausage and 7 pounds of Bacon and then last night I whipped up a huge batch of chicken fried rice. My Blackstone got a work out this past weekend.
Spent most of the day yesterday cleaning up the place and putting all the water toys up.
We are beat but had to drive back to the city this morning for work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They must be a real pleasure to have as neighbors.
It's a she. A retired 5th grade schoolteacher whose husband and kids left her when they were young as nobody can stand her.
She is a liberal and still addresses everyone like they are a 5th grader and she is in charge.
I don't take to that well.
I have a plethora of stories about her from shooting herself accidentally, a daughter committing murder, and the story goes on.
My cousin is her daughter-in-law. I get the inside scoop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom