OSA legal experts: Let’s talk about personal property rights.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s blatant. The only thing they tried to fix was kicking a little dirt in one set of ruts when they left. And just so you know the ruts are probably a foot wide and a foot deep after that. They literally had to get a large piece of machinery down there to pull it out.
As they were leaving they purposely backed into the other side of the yard and left two more deep set of ruts. Just being A holes.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't have any .......just ask any utility company, highway construction or maintenance company or the state or federal guberment.........we fuk it up you fix it

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually ODOT guy said this was so bad he’d go straight to lawyers.

And nobody actually monitors them. They can do pretty much anything they want until somebody else catches them.

It’s like a bunch of kids without any responsible adult supervision.
When you get your retirement check buy some nice guns.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you get your retirement check buy some nice guns.

I don’t care if I get a nickel from them.

I’ll be alright if the lawyers are the only ones getting anything. Just as long as it cost them.

Talked to another lawyer who deals in this Industry tonight at an organization I set on the board with. He said yeah they’ll pay.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys had to fight a highway subcontractor over them coming on your property and destroying stuff?

I’m not talking about within the highway easement. I’m talking about driving right past the easement flags into my front yard and tearing it up.

There’s multiple other instances on this current stretch of construction that they screwed up too. So I’m considering conjoining the utility company to my actions.

ETA:

Already got a lawyer.

Got plenty of pictures.

ODOT confirmed by survey they were ‘WAY’ over the easement.

Utility contractor has agreed but is slow playing it.

Gave lawyers a rough map description showing how much property they destroyed.

I told ODOT and the Utility to keep them off my property. They agreed to that.

Only work for the electric poles on my property will be by the actual utility company. They aren’t happy about it but have agreed to it.
Looks like you have everything you can do to get it resolved. Make sure any environmental issues caused by leaking equipment is fixed and approved by a third party. At least inspected and paid for by the utility company.
Your eligible for damages by the contractor. You lawyer can explain how.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys had to fight a highway subcontractor over them coming on your property and destroying stuff?

I’m not talking about within the highway easement. I’m talking about driving right past the easement flags into my front yard and tearing it up.

There’s multiple other instances on this current stretch of construction that they screwed up too. So I’m considering conjoining the utility company to my actions.

ETA:

Already got a lawyer.

Got plenty of pictures.

ODOT confirmed by survey they were ‘WAY’ over the easement.

Utility contractor has agreed but is slow playing it.

Gave lawyers a rough map description showing how much property they destroyed.

I told ODOT and the Utility to keep them off my property. They agreed to that.

Only work for the electric poles on my property will be by the actual utility company. They aren’t happy about it but have agreed to it.
Same here, they drove across my front lawn, 970’
I called a lawn guy, who gave me a written estimate, I then submitted the estimate, they paid $1,270.00. the electric company never batted an eye.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I use to look at stuff like this thinking, just toss some dirt in the ruts and go on. After spending the last several years trying to establish lawn and grasses in places that were scarred by land clearing, and plenty of big area without any topsoil. Fill, topsoil, grade, regrade, sod, it all adds up, sounds like you just want it fixed right, so make sure you think of everything and if you do the work yourself, then consider markup on materials and compensate your time, fuel charge, delivery fees, rental equipment....

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AT&T has been in my neighborhood installing fiber. They tore up my sprinkler system and left paint all over my driveway and sidewalk where they marked lines. Weighing my options now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom