Personal space? Beggars..... Bums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off,my wife gives at church and other charities thru her business so we're covered there. Myself Im not very charitable,not especially religious,and outside of my social circle,not very sociable. I'm also about 5'10"x 265-275 solid,depending on my eating schedule and workouts,heavily tattooed,usually dressed down in my 'prison issue' looking outfit. If I'm not CCing,I have a blade, always. The beggars I come across pretty much dont ask me for ****. I think I look like I might need a handout to some people probably and it suits me just fine. And these days any body who looks at me weird is a suspect. Wherever I happen to be at any time of day or night,its usually head down and walking to my truck as quick as possible with one goal in mind,to get there, safe. Once there **** em. If my kids or wife are with me then I usually always lag behind and have them walk in front of me. Once we're at the 4x4 we're home bound.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off,my wife gives at church and other charities thru her business so we're covered there. Myself Im not very charitable,not especially religious,and outside of my social circle,not very sociable. I'm also about 5'10"x 265-275 solid,depending on my eating schedule and workouts,heavily tattooed,usually dressed down in my 'prison issue' looking outfit. If I'm not CCing,I have a blade, always. The beggars I come across pretty much dont ask me for ****. I think I look like I might need a handout to some people probably and it suits me just fine. And these days any body who looks at me weird is a suspect. Wherever I happen to be at any time of day or night,its usually head down and walking to my truck as quick as possible with one goal in mind,to get there, safe. Once there **** em. If my kids or wife are with me then I usually always lag behind and have them walk in front of me. Once we're at the 4x4 we're home bound.

I do this myself I want them where I can see them and kinda get ticked if they wander off or lag behind, for safety I want to know where they are.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just had one last night...guy claimed to have been a desert storm vet trying to get a room and was 6 dollars short...told him no cash on me and he said he'd take pennies so I repeated myself. Guy looked a little rough but not horrible but apparently he had asked my wife too when she had gotten to dinner before I showed up...I kept a few feet and most of a car between us once he headed towards me to ask..

in general I won't give them anything, there have been a few I have being that nice guy. But I don't let them get near me. Worst case I always have something to defend myself if need be.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The panhandlers in downtown Atlanta are the worst I have ever encountered. They are very aggressive and will get right up next to you as you try to walk by. One time late at night, I had this guy walking beside while I was walking toward my hotel. He walked beside me for half a block as I kept telling him I dont have anything. Finally I stopped and turned and told him to leave me alone. He pushed me in the chest, so I grabbed his arm, bent back his wrist, tripped him to the ground and held his wrist over the back of his head while I lectured him about personal space. After class was over, I let go and walk to the door of my hotel. The doorman saw the whole thing and simply opened the door and said have a good night. Then I could hear him telling the panhanlder to leave before I came back.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Try to keep something between you and the other guy, if its not possible then stop them at more than arms reach. For me with the damage to my neck, a punch to the face is lethal for me. I can articulate this, and back it all up with medical records later, but if mister panhandler get's inside this range he's going to have a bad day. Just like when I was an LEO, I'm going home alive, and in one piece.

Latest posts

Top Bottom