Pest Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at my grandfather's house for the weekend, and he's been getting some visits from a group of skunks. I've spent most the day catching perch, cutting them up, and putting them in a bucket of water to fester. I'm about to head outside and pour it all out and try to spread the smell. Hopefully I'll get rid of the problem tonight. Wish me luck!

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Round One just ended in success. I stepped outside and caught a big ol' raccoon running down the neighbor's driveway. All the neighbors are Republicans, and they generally have competitions to see who can score the resident armadillo kill, so I had freedom to shoot onto their property. Marlin Model 80 with a peephole sight, I just aimed at the glare in its eyes and shot from about 30 yards. Hit it in the body with the first shot, missed on a second, but that treed it. It didn't go very high, so I got an EASY head shot from there.

I started to skin her, but ugh, FULL of ticks. It wasn't worth it. Either way, though, that'll keep it from messing around it my grandpa's garage. Now on to the skunks! Or perhaps an armadillo!

Attachments

• IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 133

smTm8q

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty sick. Not to take all the fun out of it, but when I was a boy I made an electric mousetrap. 2 plugins from the wall with the positive wires to a grill, the negative to like 50 layers of foil that was placed underneath. I really thought I went blind when I got 'eem because it tripped all the electric and there was no light. All I saw was a camera flash and then found most of his back half still in the kitchen, never found the rest. He did burn through the foil though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom