Phrases that you hate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Languages are made of other languages. Thirty percent of our vocabulary comes from French. Take out the French, German, Greek and Latin and we'd be left with grunts and jestures.

This. Like I said, when English doesn't have the word you need it's a pretty well-established tradition to just steal it from another language. We've been doing it for long enough that the chance that you can't find a word for your purpose is pretty low.

Funny story, we had a student from Greece who spoke English well but it was clearly her second language. However, she had no problem with less-common words like "anthropomorphize" because they're basically Greek loanwords.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"It is what it is." (This is for ignant fools who have run out of adverbs to use to describe a situation.)
"Now, let me be clear..." (This is from the King of Ignant Fools, the Organizer-in-Chief himself. He uses this pompous verbage when he wants all of his koolaid-drinking toads and Libtard vunnables to wake up from their Thunderbird-induced coma, stop watching The Price Is Right and start paying attention so he can tell them whose right-wing butts to kick.)

Not because of a particular phrase, but on principal, I just hate Bob Costas.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lil'

"Hey Girl!"

"I'm in it for the right reasons"

Using "like" every other word. My wife does this; She wonders why I don't listen to her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom