Picked up our new rig today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The supercharger can be ran up and down for boost is what I'm understanding
Don't need the towing capacity, dial it down?
I'm still in the research mode.

These all weren't new enough to be dialed down. They were all fixed belt driven blowers where the pulley size dictated the boost level. They weren't crazy high boost but they were sure noticeable and whined like crazy. :D

If they are adjustable then yes you will want to dial down when you don't need the boost. It'll decrease cylinder pressure and make the engine last longer and it'll help you keep your foot out of the gas too. A blower basically just increases the compression in the cylinder. That's it's sole job. With more air going in so does more fuel.

It's belt driven off the serpentine belt or has its own and if the engine is spinning so is the blower so it's compressing regardless. The new setups may be a little different but in a nutshell that's the way they work. Also with a blower, at least in theory, you can get an increase in MPG. We found that wasn't the case because of the temptation to mash the gas.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a really nice set up!!!:thumb:

When I upgrade one of my trucks with the 6.2l motor, it will be to the 7.3, but I’ve only got 150k on one and 176k on the other. I’m pretty sure I can get at least double that on both trucks.:thumb:

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
iu.jpg

Still working on my new motorhome....gotta little trim work to do on the back porch.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice Dennis! Did you put a fifth wheel in the bed or go the gooseneck route??????? That way if I need to borrow it I don't have to borrow your truck too :)

:laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom