Pistol for female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ability to load and unload, and deal with a malfunction safely, with no one else around should be your first choice in defense firearm.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife n daughters prefer short easy trigger pulls, low recoil and not loud. .380s, .38 spl non +P and low recoil 9mm. They actually prefer .22s but I tell them its too small.

More and more, I come to respect the .22, a lot of people laugh it off. But's used to kill alligators on Swamp People, steers in slaughter houses, old men use them to kill burglars. If a woman prefers a .22, I might guide her toward a good .22 pistol. I don't have one, but I am surprised at what they do.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a Ruger LCR that she really likes. Today she has been playing with the Glock 42 that I picked up. She likes the way it fits in her hand.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some gals like revolers, some like semi's. Let her shoot, load, work, handle several and she will tell you, what she is comfortable with. All to many times we impose what us guys like, feel, and expect. I have one daughter that likes and is comfortable with Revolvers and another that can work and likes semi's!!

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More and more, I come to respect the .22, a lot of people laugh it off. But's used to kill alligators on Swamp People, steers in slaughter houses, old men use them to kill burglars. If a woman prefers a .22, I might guide her toward a good .22 pistol. I don't have one, but I am surprised at what they do.

are there any decent 22 mag options? I wonder it the bullet would just splash on a skull or other large bone and get no penetration like a varmint bullet.

My sister prefers a G19, but it seems like she has fairly large hands for a woman.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
are there any decent 22 mag options? I wonder it the bullet would just splash on a skull or other large bone and get no penetration like a varmint bullet.

My sister prefers a G19, but it seems like she has fairly large hands for a woman.

I was just going to suggest a 22 magnum revolver for anyone that just won't use anything else for whatever reason.
There is even some self defense ammo in 22 magnum now.

The LCR version is one good example of a light carry revolver.

Most of the time I would feel comfortable carrying one myself.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

From my readings and what I see on TV, it is the .22LR that is so deadly. I can't explain it, it makes no sense to me. It's so tiny.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know three woman that carry 22mag LCR's with laser. I tried them out on some...."stuff".... I promise if you hit someone with it, there won't be any bullet splash(at self defense distances, that is)

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know three woman that carry 22mag LCR's with laser. I tried them out on some...."stuff".... I promise if you hit someone with it, there won't be any bullet splash(at self defense distances, that is)
We have had 2 lcr 22mag. The triggers are terrible,it's a shame the 38 and 357 lcr's have great triggers ,I'm not sure why the rimfires don't

Latest posts

Top Bottom